Concave chest- will this hold me back, or get better?!

Started by Evilllamas, March 19, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,839 Views

Evilllamas

Hi

I'v always had a funny chest, I just assumed it was because it was weak, and I am an ectomorph with funny lower ribs (protrude allot!)

I recently found out I have a mild concave chest- it's allot like this guys; http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/u ... 62orig.jpg

but I'v got smaller muscles, so it's more noticeable.

Will such a condition inhibit my potential strength in the area- eg, will a full planche be harder?

And also, does anyone know if as my chest gets strong, it will get better- and `push out`?

Thanks

Andrew Komarnyckyj

Hi,

The guy in the picture looks ok to me. If you get to look like him I wouldn't be concerned.

In my personal very limited experience gymnastic movements seem to help with postural deficiencies etc as well as strength.

If you think you need more,I've heard that there are specific exercise movements that can increase rib cage size and improve overall the look of the chest - you might give them a try: the Rader pull, the straight arm pullover and the bent arm pullover.

You never know - they might actually work!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5841919/h ... hest_pull/

http://ditillo2.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/ ... -debt.html

Evilllamas

Thanks-

I'm not too concerned with how my chest looks... the cavity isn't particularly deep, I was just worried that it may cause weakness etc.

It's good to know that it has a chance of sorting itself out though in time!