Are these good to do on rings too? I haven't seen much mention of them on the forums.
Mainly I was wondering why I'm capable of moving my elbows down to parallel on the rings, but I can't for the life of me get the motion down on the PB. Any ideas?
Started by Vincent Stoyas, March 19, 2012 · 4 Replies · 5,596 Views
Are these good to do on rings too? I haven't seen much mention of them on the forums.
Mainly I was wondering why I'm capable of moving my elbows down to parallel on the rings, but I can't for the life of me get the motion down on the PB. Any ideas?
Because there is no such thing as a Russian dip on rings. A Russian dip is just a dip from support to upper arm support.
Is it good to do lower the elbows to parallel in a dip or is it a waste of time and is more beneficial to stick to other exercises ?
Vincearoo said:Is it good to do lower the elbows to parallel in a dip or is it a waste of time and is more beneficial to stick to other exercises ?
more RoM is always better. going down to parallel would might be beneficial for your muscle up transition. If that's your aim I'd choose russian dips and MU variations rather than basically doing a low dip on the rings.
just be careful on your shoulder.