In the BtGB illustrations it shows them to the elbow and Ive read a couple threads and didnt see anyone doing them to the armpit. Is this something that requires a different movement to be mastered before attempting or can I go right to it after mastering the elbow position?
Russian dips...to the elbow or armpit??
Started by Gator, March 17, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,738 Views
Do you mean the pictures?
If you notice, the Russian dip should show the elbow being nearly at the same level as the shoulder, which can't happen if the forearm is on top of the bar. At the bottom of a Russian dip, assuming we are talking about the full range of motion, you should be in an "upper arm support" which basically means that your upper arm and your forearm are both on the bars, kind of like chicken wings. If you are already to the point of elbows on the bar, go ahead and start sliding further down one inch at a time. Eventually this can be done without actually ever putting weight on the bar.
I've seen Dillon do that and I've done it, so I know it can be done up to 210 lbs.
Joshua Naterman said:Do you mean the pictures?If you notice, the Russian dip should show the elbow being nearly at the same level as the shoulder, which can't happen if the forearm is on top of the bar. At the bottom of a Russian dip, assuming we are talking about the full range of motion, you should be in an "upper arm support" which basically means that your upper arm and your forearm are both on the bars, kind of like chicken wings. If you are already to the point of elbows on the bar, go ahead and start sliding further down one inch at a time. Eventually this can be done without actually ever putting weight on the bar.
I've seen Dillon do that and I've done it, so I know it can be done up to 210 lbs.
yea I meant picture dont know why I said "illustration"
as of now I can do 1 rep to the elbows at a time so Ill give it a month before I try to the armpit
Edit* I have never in my life felt the medial head activated like this