is there improvment?

Started by Ian Legrow, March 15, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,401 Views

Ian Legrow

Fhhw5gPBKWg

this is my first time on rings

N1AxBSNDHjw

this is today. its been a month in between videos. I train this every other day as well as rope climbing

critiques are welcome. My front lever is a little high and my head is not flat back, and i still don't have my muscle up, but i am working on it

Cole Dano

I agree with the above. It's ONLY been a month, you are doing great, the flat tucks are both good. Now in your lever specific work try to get them for time. Coach wants a 3x30s hold.

If anything I would caution you not to move too fast remembering that connective tissue lags behind muscle by 4-6 weeks in development.

Nic Branson

I wanted to add onto this Ian.

Take a look at your body line in each, shoulder to hip specifically. In addition take a look at how stable you are, or how much you're shaking in each.

What do YOU see?

Yes I am asking you for a reason :D

Ian Legrow

In the support i shake still. I can't do a muscle up, so that looks sloppy. I don't know if the backward roll is sloppy, but the inverted hold i was not horizontal at first but i corrected myself.

IN the back lever flat tuck, i honestly did not notice anything, and i am not sure what you mean by look from my shoulders to my hips. The back lever flat tuck pull seemed good, back to inverted hang seemed wobbly and i don't like how i have to stare at my feet to make sure i am straight. In the front lever flat tuck my lower back is kind of arched and my head is high.

And in the invert i am shaky again.

WHy do you ask

Nic Branson

Still but less then before.

Muscle Up takes time to train, so not sloppy with what you can do now.

Backward roll was fast and a bit jerky, again it's been a month and no specific training for that.

Self correction!!

The looking from joint to joint was to see your body line.

I'm asking to see how you judge yourself. We tend to be too harsh on ourselves at times. Your progress over a month is noticeable and damn good. It's also an exercise in self correction. I am a firm believer in discovering how your body works, part of that is learning to look at yourself. Then when someone like Coach takes a look you can begin to see on yourself what he is seeing.