Forearm pre-hab

Started by Patrick Van de Glind, March 15, 2012 · 5 Replies · 3,260 Views

Patrick Van de Glind

Hi all!

I've been doing some searching on the forum etc, but can't really seam to find something that fits me,

hope you guys can help.

I'm currently training 3/4 times a week and have been doing this for about 5months now,

all in the rings.

And on the days where I'm training my back (mostly: German hang, Pullup, False grip row/Pullup)

I always in no-time get rock hard forearms that barely want to hold on to the rings anymore..

I really have to squeeze even more to keep grip.

And i'm not even wearing my grips doing them (still working on breaking them in)

To give some stats:

Today I did:

-Inverted hang, pike, roll up to pike chin-up

-German hang, roll up to pike chin-up

right there, I was already starting to feel the rock hard forearm thing..

and then I did false grip training:

Today I was able to do a total of 4 sets with 2 false grip pullups

and i'm able to do 4 sets of 6 false grip rows, all without sliding to normal grip

Then I was able to hold on to the rings, hanging for 40seconds before I couldn't hold it anymore.

Should I add forearm training to my 'off' days to ease on the rock hard forearms thing?

or should I just keep going (because I am training the forearms with the above exercises) and with time this will go away?

and if so.. what forearm training should I do?

Especially because i've been doing this for months now (and am getting really close to my first MU)

I have gotten a bit frustrated with this.

Thanks!

Kyle Devlin

Sounds to me like you might want to try some deep tissue work. Maybe they are in a need for a good massage? The rock hard thing is typically just what happens when a muscle has blood pumping into it. It doesn't sound like you have a real problem other than just quickly fatigued forearms. Working them out more might help, OR resting them might even help. You'll probably want to try a couple things, it just depends on how much its bothering you.

Cole Dano

Try this -

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5960

Patrick Van de Glind

Thanks Hollow and Cole,

I'm going to start doing this video daily until I can dream the routine,

and hope it solves my problem.

Coach Sommer
Should I add forearm training to my 'off' days to ease on the rock hard forearms thing?

or should I just keep going (because I am training the forearms with the above exercises) and with time this will go away?

and if so.. what forearm training should I do?

You are already engaging in heavy forearm work everytime you work on the rings. The issue is not the necessity of adding more, but giving your forearms additional time to adapt to the work that you are already performing. Patience.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

John Sapinoso

sounds like your forearms simply need time to adapt to this,

I do encourage you to stretch them out in between turns or even attempt some form of self massage if it gets unbearable though.

A2E3SbCUz34

if your facility allows loud cursing, try this one

KIcNMkT8N9Y