This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120315

Started by Coach Sommer, March 15, 2012 · 7 Replies · 1,378 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

15’ Senders

16 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

15’ Senders

10 Box Jumps

15’ Senders

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 15’ of Senders in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Alternate legs on each repetition of the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats. Remember to focus on jumping high and not for distance. Continue in this fashion until you have completed the entire 16 repetitions without rest.

3) You may add a weight vest to the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats if you are strong enough.

4) The Box Jumps should be performed onto as high a box as possible for all 5 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

5) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

6) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Eric Heiden

WU:

(60s each)

Forearm Plank

Reverse plank

Hollow - (30s, 20s, 10s - I think my form is getting better and so this is getting harder)

Arch

no PB support - gotta find a way to do this at work!

Chin deadhang - tight today

WOD – 120315

Completed four rounds (woo hoo!):

10 standing rebounds (subbed for 15’ Senders)

16 Jumping Deck Squats (subbed for 16 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats)

10 standing rebounds (subbed for 15’ Senders)

10 Box Jumps (~mid thigh height)

10 standing rebounds (subbed for 15’ Senders)

5 Depth Jumps (just shy of hip height)

Finish the workout with 2×30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

I don't even remember the last time I did such a dynamic jumping workout and I had way more fun that I thought I would. It was surprisingly aerobically grueling, though. Past knee problems (caused by glute/quad muscle imbalance) showed no signs! Woo!

Josh Schmitter

Taking the rest of this week and probably all of next week off. Made the mistake of starting my Pre-req testing without any break, along with poor sleep on top of it. I am hoping a nice week of prehab and whatnots will cure what ails.

Alvaro

4X

15´ senders

8 deep squat jumps with 5 kilos

15´send

10 box jumps to a 3rd step.

15´send

5 depth jumps from 1m 15cm aprox

2x30 weighted pike stretch.

I felt better jumping today, but at the afternoon one of my feet was a bit sore :? . Today is better. Also the wednesday I did some easy bike for 15 min. some stretching and slizzard pull up template 10X5, I missed 19!! :shock: . I had achieved 4x10 two weeks ago and last week tried 10X5, only achieving 24 of them...

Then at the evening I went to the gymnastic club to practice some parallel bar swings, some HS, and some MU (still not there..). First time ever I did a freestanding rings shoulder stand!

Coach Sommer
First time ever I did a freestanding rings shoulder stand!

Very cool, omegant. 8)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane
omegant said:
First time ever I did a freestanding rings shoulder stand!

Congrats Omegant! Hope to see you this summer in Mallorca!

Alvaro

Thank you coach!I am steadily improving every time that job and family (specially job) allow me to train consistently!. Mats you can count on it! I´ll bring you to our gym for an evening training! (with serotonin) :D

Mats Trane
omegant said:
Mats you can count on it! I´ll bring you to our gym for an evening training! (with serotonin) :D

Sounds great!! Is it the gym we had the seminar in?