Well, i'm kind of curious about this. If I want to build strength I should use 5 reps or less, if I want to build endurance I should go for more than 20 or so. I've been wondering why every excercise that we use to prehab and rehab is usually done in a 10-15 reps scheme. What impact does this numbers have in our bodies?
number of reps given the objective
Started by Ivan Pellejero, March 13, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,938 Views
Blood flow is one reason. Anther is pre-hab is generally done at a low intensity so as not to exhaust one for the main work out.
To strengthen connective tissue requires high forces over a short period of time, plyometric type work. This shouldn't be done for high reps. (One of the reasons there are so many achilles blow outs from Cross Fit high rep box jumping)