BL static hold

Started by Alex Solis, March 10, 2012 · 6 Replies · 1,595 Views

Alex Solis

Hey guys, I can hold the back lever for 5 seconds. The problem is, I used to help my hold with my lats, which gave me a lot of strength on my lats, but very little on the biceps :x :x

So, I decided to start from scratch. Now whenever I work my BL I open my arms to the sides (as if trying to do a maltese, but not to a 45 degree angle) so that I prevent my lats to assist.

Anyways, here's a picture of my BL:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2312798913831&set=t.1665170032&type=3&theater

P.D. Sry that I posted a link to facebook :?

Thanks a lot!

-Alex

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

well, i can't see the image ....

please upload it in another site ...

Alex Solis

Sry, here it is:

:D:D:D:D

ELITELIFTER

That looks really solid man! can you pull back to inverted hang from that position? Also a photo taken from the front of you would give us a better perspective of how you're opening your arms. seems like a good idea.. I'll have to try this myself 8)

Ian Legrow

WOW! Dude! is that really you!? that is effing phenomenal (sp). Wonderful job!

Alex Solis
Ian Legrow said:
WOW! Dude! is that really you!? that is effing phenomenal (sp). Wonderful job!

It really inspires me to be able to inspire other people. Everything I've achieved, I owe it to Coach Sommer and this amazing unique site.

As you can see, with diligent work you can achieve anything, really ANYTHING! :D:D

Keep the work up people, and most importantly... ENJOY IT! Enjoy yourself becoming stronger, faster, better, more agile, more flexible... :D:D:D

-Alex

Alex Solis
ELITELIFTER said:
That looks really solid man! can you pull back to inverted hang from that position? Also a photo taken from the front of you would give us a better perspective of how you're opening your arms. seems like a good idea.. I'll have to try this myself 8)

Yes I can!!! :D:D I practiced a lot of Reverse Cranks, so this was becoming easy. Now that I open my arms to the sides, it's impossible :shock:

I find myself having to do it in a full tuck to be able to pull back to inverted hang :? :?

It sounds like a great idea, I will definitely post a new picture/video of my current BL static from different angles. Thanks for the great idea! :D