For some reason I had it in my mind that the RTO Support was a 30s or 60s hold. While reviewing my notes I have 15 seconds, and the handout from the seminar doesn't mention the time, just the progression.
Can anyone confirm, is it really 'only' 15s?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cole Dano, March 9, 2012 · 14 Replies · 149 Views
For some reason I had it in my mind that the RTO Support was a 30s or 60s hold. While reviewing my notes I have 15 seconds, and the handout from the seminar doesn't mention the time, just the progression.
Can anyone confirm, is it really 'only' 15s?
Please refresh my memory what RTO stands for?
Ring Turned Out
What does your GymnasticBodies heart tell you?
My notes from Mallorca say 3x60 for the RTO Support. The XR RTO L-sit on the other hand was unclear, I wrote 3x15-30 as it wasn't clear at that time.
That's exactly why i'm asking, 15 seconds doesn't sound like the Coach Sommer i know.
What does your GymnasticBodies heart tell you? ..... 8)
The latest refinements I have show building up to 5x60s for RTO and building up to 5x30s for XR Lsit.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:What does your GymnasticBodies heart tell you? ..... 8)The latest refinements I have show building up to 5x60s for RTO and building up to 5x30s for XR Lsit.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
:shock:
5x60, wow!
that remindes me to ask:
Can anyone remember, for how long to stay in each static position during the wristseries?
It's been awhile, I don't remember a static hold or a tempo other than go slow and 10 reps.
Do you mean the various wrist stretches? I think that's just going by feel, no set time.
I think it's safe to say that 5x will go for most if not all of the statics with Coach's latest refinement.Welcome to hell!
You know, a year or two ago I would probably have disagreed with this sort of thing but my recent experiences with my rehab, which is now including support holds, is showing me that building proper shape and position is an incredibly important foundational element in strength acquisition.
This 5x60s, I think, is a really good idea. You essentially want to get to the point where your support position is literally a place you can rest, where your endurance is so good that it is extremely hard to work long enough to begin to compromise form.
Of course, people probably have no idea that they are doing their PB supports somewhat wrong and that THAT is preparing them for a sub-optimal XR support and so on, but we'll get there in time.
I certainly agree Slizz, the foundational work is so underestimated.
Having been doing some 5x work for a few months now, I'm surprised at how effective it is. Though some days it feels like I'll never get past the pre-req's.
I hope with the release of the book, we will all build a better foundation, and be able to discuss our progress, our various ideas about the technical points of the statics etc.
Cole Dano said:I certainly agree Slizz, the foundational work is so underestimated.Having been doing some 5x work for a few months now, I'm surprised at how effective it is. Though some days it feels like I'll never get past the pre-req's.
I hope with the release of the book, we will all build a better foundation, and be able to discuss our progress, our various ideas about the technical points of the statics etc.
You know, it does feel like that but then when I go do dips or pull ups I just sort of float through the position. Same with different push ups, though one arms are still at the edge of my capabilities and they aren't amazingly pretty right now. Despite often not feeling much progress for quite a whole, those fundamental positions continue to add to my abilities on a regular basis.
5 x 60s sounds tough! I have been working on getting the first 3 pre-reqs with perfect form for 3 x 60. I have feet up Plank about done and Arc close to finished. Hollow, well hollow is just an ass kicker.
Do you think its worth just applying 5 x 60s to my pre-reqs seeing as how i am making them my focus anyway?
I'll just stay on plank and arc until i can hit 5 x 60 instead of moving on in progression. Also once you hit 5 x 60 does maintanence still drop down down to 1 x 60?
Also one more brief question about tension. There is a difference between being 'tight' in a static and tensing the hell out of your muscles like a maximum contraction. When i am doing Pre-reqs should i be aiming to be 'tight' or should i be squeezing everything as hard as i can?
thanks guys.
It is absolutely worth it. This is the #1 focus I have, along with my basic rehab work. This stuff actually HELPS with the rehab quite a bit, at least so far.