This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120309

Started by Coach Sommer, March 9, 2012 · 8 Replies · 1,752 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls

5 – Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit

2 – Back Pulls

7 – FL Pulls

2 – Back Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Back Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Back Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) Focus on full range of motion during the Wide Grip Pull-ups in L-sit. If a normal L-sit is too challenging, adjust the leg position as needed.

4) The FL Pulls should be performed with a slow deliberate motion. Be sure to alternate directions of the circular motion for each repetition.

5) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

6) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

7) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Alvaro

4x

2 half back pull (more like quarter pull :oops: )

5 normal pull up

2 hbp

7 rows with feet on the ground

2 hbp

8 rope pull ups with feet on the ground (changing hands every 4 pull ups)

over all I was feeling weak , but managed to perform this wod more or less properly. I am noticing that there are faster results lately (more strict downgrading of the wod to be able to follow the rep squeme). First time I can do it with real pull ups and be able to finish it!

Coach Sommer
omegant said:
I am noticing that there are faster results lately (more strict downgrading of the wod to be able to follow the rep squeme). First time I can do it with real pull ups and be able to finish it!

Congratulations!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests

1 GH pull, 1 Neg(6s)

6 – Pull ups(3 band assist)

1 GH pull, 1 Neg(6s)

6 - Rows(160ish degrees)

1 GH pull, 1 Neg(6s)

10 Towel Rows(almost standing)

Notes:

-Felt pretty good today. Yet another example of waking up feeling like death, and having a really good workout. Tried to do 2 GH pulls, but there was no way I could keep it up.

-Going to rehash my SSC hopefully this weekend and do some FSP pre-req testing next week. I can't really say they have gotten much easier on the whole, but it's been 12+ weeks.

Coach Sommer said:
omegant said:
I am noticing that there are faster results lately (more strict downgrading of the wod to be able to follow the rep squeme). First time I can do it with real pull ups and be able to finish it!

Congratulations!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Damn you...I mean, Congrats as well :).

Alvaro

Thank you coach! :D

Alvaro
TANSTAAFL said:
General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests

1 GH pull, 1 Neg(6s)

6 – Pull ups(3 band assist)

1 GH pull, 1 Neg(6s)

6 - Rows(160ish degrees)

1 GH pull, 1 Neg(6s)

10 Towel Rows(almost standing)

Notes:

-Felt pretty good today. Yet another example of waking up feeling like death, and having a really good workout. Tried to do 2 GH pulls, but there was no way I could keep it up.

-Going to rehash my SSC hopefully this weekend and do some FSP pre-req testing next week. I can't really say they have gotten much easier on the whole, but it's been 12+ weeks.

Coach Sommer said:
omegant said:
I am noticing that there are faster results lately (more strict downgrading of the wod to be able to follow the rep squeme). First time I can do it with real pull ups and be able to finish it!

Congratulations!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Damn you...I mean, Congrats as well :).

Thanks to you as well !! :wink:

ChocoGymnast

Four Rounds:

2 German Hang Pulls

5 Wide Ring Pullups

2 German Hang Pulls

7 FL Pulls - Tuck

2 German Hang Pulls

3 Towel pullups

Finally learned to scale down the WOD so I don't burn out and could match the rest times

Alvaro
ChocoGymnast said:
Four Rounds:

2 German Hang Pulls

5 Wide Ring Pullups

2 German Hang Pulls

7 FL Pulls - Tuck

2 German Hang Pulls

3 Towel pullups

Finally learned to scale down the WOD so I don't burn out and could match the rest times

3 Towel pull ups is missing the rep squeme, is better to downgrade a bit more the fl pulls , maybe to some kind of rows, and be able to perform 8-10 pull ups. It has been my experience that every time I trade volume for a more difficult variation with a too-low volume I improve much more slowly. As an example in this workout I was performing the rope pull ups with feet on the ground.(5 each hand at upper position)

diotrephes

4 rounds

2 German Hang Pulls

5 Wide Ring Pull-ups L-sit (tucked)

2 German Hang Pulls

7 FL Pulls (tucked)

2 German Hang Pulls

1 rope climb

Note: all previous posts on FL, BL, etc., are variations - once I start learning the names in the book and online more thoroughly I will attempt to post using correct names.