Ring handstands, cross support, L-support. Please critique!

Started by ELITELIFTER, March 8, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,738 Views

ELITELIFTER

Straight arm press then lower to inverted cross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGi-16ou ... ature=plcp

wGi-16ouf4A

Sometimes I like to test my balance with swinging handstands. Not the best way to make a proper body line in handstand, but it's great for balancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n0oizP7 ... ature=plcp

5n0oizP7hn0

L-Sit muscle up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5NNGL0 ... ature=plcp

Yp5NNGL0IIY

Back lever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aELfqRR- ... ature=plcp

aELfqRR-Dw4

Tuck planche: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO21VWoM ... ature=plcp

aO21VWoM4aA

I know it's I wide range of skills, but I am hoping for constructive criticism so let me know what you think or if you see anything fundamentally wrong with any of these skills.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

you need to open more you shoulder and not arc your back, the risk is learn a wrong pattern and work the wrokng muscles..alao try to learn how to balance with the straigth arms..is the most difficult part

Blairbob

Pretty good.

I don't know how your normal ring HS is but I imagine it's archy and your ability to do a Ring HS or HS with shoulders perfectly open is "Meh." Work on it, I guess.

Arms in Invert Cross seem slightly bent and it's too archy. Still, it isn't easy to do period.

L MU was interesting since you end up pressing out in the transition which takes some strength. Nice FL to MU.

BL looks solid.

Tuck PL looks good. Since you're a home taught gymnast, it looks like you suffer from the flexed feet while tucking. This is common and I have had the problem as well.

Pointing the feet isn't so much about the aesthetic as it is about keeping body tension. Yes, it looks better and tends to keep body tension higher. That's why it should be done.

ELITELIFTER

Thanks for the replies!

My shoulders are very closed in these handstands. I find the length of the ring straps make it very hard to open my shoulders and balance in HS. I feel like I will fall through handstand (onto my cement floor) if I try to open my shoulders, So for that reason I play it safe and remain slightly planched as I feel more control. If can get a shot of me doing a rings HS at my local gymnastics facility I will try to make that happen. It honestly feels like a whole different skill when I'm on high rings.

Alessandro Mainente

this makes sense...for the same reason i use a mat of beds to prevent bad injury!!!