I hurt my right Achilles while running two weeks ago (acute tendinitis), and immediately underwent some physio work (ultrasound & electric short waves); it is better now, but still a bit tight. I try to keep it warm as much as possible (I agree with Coach Sommer comments about his preference for heat vs. cold for Achilles healing)
I've always had fragile Achilles; I had several tendinitis and frequent pains doing T&F (sprint and high jump) in my late teens and '20es... fast forward 25 years, I ruptured my left Achilles (full rupture) 3 years ago (fully healed now, albeit the left calf is much smaller than the right!)
What would you suggest for a complete healing of this injury? What sort of stretching, low impact exercises, etc...
What do gymnasts usually do to prehab their Achilles for the strenuous work on the mats and the jumps?
Thank you very much
Fred