Jordan going for his sixth! Olympics

Started by Mats Trane, March 4, 2012 · 16 Replies · 3,781 Views

Mats Trane

TVp8HAdnpOg

John Dalton

Go Jordan!!!

Can anyone translate what he is saying??

Blairbob

I can't but next time I see my Bulgarian friend I'll ask and post it.

Cole Dano

Something like - "yeah I'm still awesome."

Mats Trane
Blairbob said:
I can't but next time I see my Bulgarian friend I'll ask and post it.

That would be interesting!

Blairbob

Jordan: In this gym that i am right now, i used to be here from 7am till 10pm. I was not afraid of much because there as so many skills to learn. The psychological moment is, not only to believe that you can do this; but you need to do this the way that is needs look like or how you imagine it to look like.

Narrator: Jordan achieved his first outstanding result at the world level at the age of 21. European AA Champ at 21,

[i can't get one bit but he said it was unclear and meaningless], but it goes to say that for the first time in the sport history he qualifies for his 5th Olympics.

"I wanted to be really good, i really wanted it, i wanted to succeed, i was stuborn, i am not going to quit, i will overcome this thing, I can't just leave this like that.

I wanna learn something that just makes me feel cool (best translation i got at the moment haha), like for example a double salto, It might take me a year, i will struggle with it, but at some point it will happen. You can beat the other contenders, only with your own strength/will, you have to be much higher/better above others to win. Speed, courage, coordination, explosiveness, that is what makes you a winner.

Narrator: in 2004 at the Athens olympic games, he excites the crowed and the other competitors with a perfect routine on Rings, Unfortunately they give a not deserved score to the competitor from Greece, and he (Jordan) is left for 2nd place. The other competitors who acknowledge that he beat them show who is the real champion.

Jordan: Based on the rules, i can only contest my own score if i am unhappy with it, but how can i be unhappy with my score, when it the right score, and they cheated us, not just me, but all the 8 boys (this is a common term in bulgarian) in the finals.

Narrator: the pain is inseparable part of the sport, the pain is unseperable part of defeat.

Its about how the years have taken a toll, injury wise, he has many aches and pains, and has now qualified for the 6th Olympics. Going into it he has a torn left shoulder muscle. His only option is to get surgery, but like he said, he can't because with the recovery time, he will be recovered after the olympics.

narrator throws in some dramatic speak about how Jodran is the man.

Jordan speaks: " persistance, luck , to be at the right place with the right people, that is they way to succeed.

Mats Trane

Thanks for taking your time Blairbob! It always interesting to hear whats going on in an atheletes mind.

Blairbob

Wasn't me, twas my friend. Took a lot longer in chat than I woulda thought, though.

And let's face it, I desired to find out what he was talking about and just happen to know a Bulgarian so it all worked out.

John Dalton
Blairbob said:
Wasn't me, twas my friend. Took a lot longer in chat than I woulda thought, though.

And let's face it, I desired to find out what he was talking about and just happen to know a Bulgarian so it all worked out.

Thanks to you and your friend!!!

azero

True Inspiration...I like how he uses a lot of slang :D The translation is kind of ok...some parts are missed or just said with 1-2 words instead of what exactly he said but the meaning of what he said is kind of the same. (I'm saying that as a native speaker of the language)

Blairbob

Yeah, my friend couldn't make out everything and it's probable he just summed some of the stuff up.

Cole Dano

Well for a on the spot chat session i'm sure it's a great translation. If you've never tried to translate before, it's not that easy, and it's never perfect.

igalk474

go jordan!!!

check this out, jordan ninja warrior, awesome!

UI7bgN2f2gQ

igalk474

this is his best run in sasuke ninja warrior:

XDfqH2W0PhA

Amazing

igalk474

check this out:

T-Sk2lCAdt0

Razz

He's in the finals!! WOW

igalk474

yeah! :)

definetly a gymnastics legend!