This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120302

Started by Coach Sommer, March 2, 2012 · 6 Replies · 1,848 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

2x10 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike Box Press HS

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Alvaro

This week I´ve been quite bussy and couldn´t follow the wod but today:

2x5 cast wall walks

2x5 pike leg press HeS

2x8 straddle leg press HeS

600 HS wall runs ( I forgot the watch so I had to count the shoulder touches... :oops: ) I did them in groups of 30 , some times droping one or two. It took 30 minutes which is more or less the time it takes me to finish 10 min strict wall runs.

2x10 wrist push ups(worst than other times ...)

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:90s for similar sets/2min between FBE.

-4x4 Plank Walks(7 steps forward/back = 1)

-2x5 Pike Press HeS

-2x10 Straddle Press HeS

5min rest

HS wall runs(First 5 Regular Wall Runs, All subsequent Box HeSPU runs)

-2 x [30s on/60s off x 10]/5min between sets

-2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-Actually added another regular wall run to the first set. Was very tough, but felt I had to try as I've been stuck at 4 for a while. Had some nice delt/trap soreness about halfway through the second set, but some lacrosse ball work definitely helped between each wall run.

ChocoGymnast

4x5 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike HeS Press

2x10 Straddle HeS Press

10 minutes total wall handstand hold - Brutal

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Kenneth Manning

definitely the best HS wod for me thus far.

1x10 wrist push UPS

2x10 cww (tough!)

Pike wall pHS (feet on 10" milk crate) 3,4,3,3; feet to floor x 2

Straddle wall pHS (feet to 10" milk crates) 4x5; feet to floor x 4

HS wall runs 2 min x 5, 2 min rest intervals (brutal as always)

1x10 wrist push UPS

*my wall pHS's are done with hands approximately 15" from the wall. Getting better, saw some really solid progress today.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP WU

Scapula mobilization and stabilization routine

WOD: 4 x 33 steps of Plank Walks

2 x 5 Pike Press to HeS

2 x 10 Straddle Press to HeS

3 min. of holding Pike Push up position ( 1 min + 1 min + 30 sec + 30 sec)

finished with 2 x 10 wrist push ups on my knees

Matthew Mossop

How are newbies (less than one year) doing with HS Wall Runs?

I couldn't even do one when I started, and now I can do maybe 40 seconds worth the first time I do them. For the subsequent 11 sets I can only do maybe 20 - 30 seconds at a time.

I still only do 12 sets cause it kills my shoulders and traps. So anyway, I'm just wondering how others new to gymnastics are doing with these. I started this stuff maybe 8 months ago.