My first Backlever!

Started by Jonas Säll, March 1, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,050 Views

Jonas Säll

Hi everyone! Im so stoked i hade to share. Yesterday i did my first and second full backlever for ca 3 seconds. Unfortunately i was so surprised so i didnt make a film of the attempts. I will film the next time i train them, i do that once a week.

I have been training with a protocol i like to call "the old-man gymnastics" (im 42) for about 3 months and i have seen som real progress, i even feel younger :D

By the way: I am 180 cm long and my weight is 82 kg.

Next goal, the frontlever, witch in my opinion is much harder....

John Dalton

For your age, height and weight it is very, very impressive .....well done

I am nowhere near a full back lever yet......Do you mind sharing your "old man gymnastics" protocol? :mrgreen:

Jonas Säll

This is what i have been doing the last 3 months "The old-man gymnastics protocol"

Frontlever (adv.Tucked) sometimes one leg straight (once a week)

Backlever (adv. tucked) sometimes one leg straight (once a week)

Sidelever (human flag) Just tried to lift my feet of the ground higher and higher. Not able to do yet. (once a week)

Meathooks Every now and then during these 3 months.

Planche (tucked) now going up to advanced or flat tuck planche (once a week)

Floor L-sitt och V-sitt (once a week)

Handstands Trying to press upp to handstands, not able to do this yet. (once a week)

One-arm pullups. At the momentim doing Archer pullupps. (once a week)

Muscleupps. Every now and then during these 3 months. Able to do 3 in a row

I always aim to holt the static positions for 5-15 for a total of 30-60 sek in as few sets as possible.

My weekly split has been

Day 1 Frontlever and L-sitt/V-sitt.

Day 2 Backlever and Planchetraining and

Day 3 Sidlever and one-armtraining

I am a climber/boulderer and i train climbing for 2-2,5 hours three times a week and i have been doing 2 static positions at a time for an half an hour at the end of every climbing workout. Its been hard with a lot of soreness but at the same time its been great! I feel rejuvinated and much stronger both in the statics and most importantly on the rock.

Hope this can help somebody... Jonas.

Jonas Säll

I have been trying to upload my backleverfilm i recorded today. The uploading is not working for me so if anybody wants to see the backlever i have uploaded it on my youtube acount "samuelssonsall" together with some other trainingfilms. Feel free to comment, any advice is much apreciated. Jonas.

Bruno Cochofel
Jonas Säll said:
I have been trying to upload my backleverfilm i recorded today. The uploading is not working for me so if anybody wants to see the backlever i have uploaded it on my youtube acount "samuelssonsall" together with some other trainingfilms. Feel free to comment, any advice is much apreciated. Jonas.

Nice bouldering videos ;-)

I wish I could find one "rock" like that here...