So I'm just starting to try experimenting with some basic gymnastics progressions and I had a question on doing tuck front levers.
Basically, I can jump myself to a stable tuck front lever that's about parallel and hold that for up to 8s. However, if I try to hang and pull myself up to one, I only get maybe a third of the way up, and after holding that for maybe 1 or 2 seconds the back of my left shoulder feels a sharp pain like the muscle's about to tear. I can physically hold it for a few more seconds, but eventually my shoulder will just go numb and tingly.
Should I be attempting to learn to pull myself up, or should I be getting my hold times up higher on the flat lever that I can jump to, then going back to the pulls?
As a reference, my other stats are in my signature if that makes it easier to prescribe based on fitness levels. Thanks in advance.