This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wisconsin Training?

Started by mikelmarion, February 27, 2012 · 14 Replies · 1,961 Views

mikelmarion

Any one here from Milwaukee? or lower wisconsin area?

Jeremy Huston

Yes!  I'm in northeastern Waukesha county.

Stephen Hepner

I just started and Im in Milwaukee

 

stephen

tarheelcc01

Im located as well in Waukesha county.  Have you guys/gals still working the GB foundation?

Jeremy Huston

Yes, I'm still at it.  I'm making slow and steady progress.  I do most of my workouts at my work fitness center and some at home (where I built stall bars).  I'll be starting some at the tri-county Y next week now that I'm progressing to SL/PE3 and need a glute/ham machine.

 

Where do you work out?

Stephen Hepner
tarheelcc01 said:

Im located as well in Waukesha county.  Have you guys/gals still working the GB foundation?

Im still plugging away at this.  Its been (very very) slow progress but Im definitely making progress.  I train out of Crossfit Milwaukee.  Recently been getting more of the "your really flexible" comments (Im not) and compliments on how my HS1/PE2 looks which are nice indicators that something is happening. :)

 

Im still only at SL/PE1 so I dont need a GHD yet but CFM has several.  However there are no stall bars but the owner is amenable to me installing some.  I havnt gotten around to making some and in the meantime Ive been using an oly bar in the rack instead.

 

stephen

Thomas Lee 234372

Hello! I am new to GB (tried out Fundamentals a month ago, and now hoping to dive into Fundamentals again + Foundation 1). I am in the Fox Cities Area (northeast WI). I noticed this forum--I see it's over a year old, but I thought I'd post to see if anyone is training GB in the area. Thanks!

Thomas

Stephen Hepner

Im still here

stephen

Ryan Bailey
13 hours ago, Thomas Lee 234372 said:

Hello! I am new to GB (tried out Fundamentals a month ago, and now hoping to dive into Fundamentals again + Foundation 1). I am in the Fox Cities Area (northeast WI). I noticed this forum--I see it's over a year old, but I thought I'd post to see if anyone is training GB in the area. Thanks!

Thomas

I train in Appleton and Neenah primarily, fox cities area, Northeast Wisconsin. 

Thomas Lee 234372
On 9/26/2016 at 8:53 PM, Ryan Bailey said:

I train in Appleton and Neenah primarily, fox cities area, Northeast Wisconsin. 

Cool. I live in Downtown Appleton. Is there a gym or box you train at in Appleton? I saw on your profile that you are a DPT--are you currently practicing? I am looking for PTs to shadow for observation hours.

Ryan Bailey
9 hours ago, Thomas Lee 234372 said:

Cool. I live in Downtown Appleton. Is there a gym or box you train at in Appleton? I saw on your profile that you are a DPT--are you currently practicing? I am looking for PTs to shadow for observation hours.

Yes, I am a physical therapist and work in Appleton often. I wrote you a PM we can talk details there.

Jeff Spiegelhoff

I am in Janesville, WI (south central WI).  Just started about a month ago.  Loving it so far.  Just started my first stretch series.  I am a desk jockey and have a lot of mobility work to do.

Ryan Bailey

Nice Jeff. Maybe we could all meet at a gym sometime this fall or winter. It could be somewhere centrally located between all of us. We could train, maybe discuss schedules ect. 

James Gensch

Hello All, I'm in the Waukesha area and just started as well. Are you all integrating these movement to your workouts or you dropping the basic (kettle balls, weights) and going with GB?

Later, James

Stephen Hepner

I'm doing the GB stuff almost exclusively.

 

stephen