My Planches/Handstands/Presses

Started by ELITELIFTER, February 27, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,091 Views

ELITELIFTER

I was bored at home and decided to do a few exercises. This is definitely not my best performance due to my lack of space where my web cam is setup and that today is supposed to be the one day a take it easy. I think I still managed to do a few half decent skills though.

Tuck planche:

zfcV5GyOb3Y

Straddle Press to handstand on fingertips:

rF2-FXF8PfM

Straddle planche:

9dQKkygOFAw

Straddle planche press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQh6f9h-YyU

PQh6f9h-YyU

Straddle planche:

5DSBLcprZFc

Any advice or critiques are welcomed,

Thanks!

John Sapinoso

great tuck planche!

lock your elbows on the press, also film from the side

on the S PL, almost straight elbows = bent. Scale it back and lock out.

props for doing everything finger tips [=

Erik Sjolin

I think I'm confused again. Is that the perfect position for a tuck planche? If so, then I've been doing it wrong again.

It looked really solid, but I keep hearing that the hips and shoulders should be at the same level...still, gonna be a while before I'm on the same level as you, buddy. :shock: Good job!

Blairbob

Tuck PL form is nice but a bit too high. As is the straddle PL. Slight arm bend of course.

Stalder press has soft knees and flexed toes, arms too bent.

Once you learn how to keep your toes pointed you'll be able to keep tighter form in your body.

Straddle PL press to HS is too high with back arched.

I consider this all a work in progress. In all honesty, I never practiced presses on my fingertips or planche so I'm not sure how much more difficult it becomes that way.

ELITELIFTER

Thanks for the replies all. I agree my tuck planche was to high, I don't think it's a lack of strength on my part cause I feel flat and can definitely go lower. I think I might just need a better sense of where horizontal actually is.

Here is another Tuck Planch of mine about 10minutes after waking up this morning and I feel stronger today:

Level tuck planche:

Flat Tuck (slightly high)

Straddle press attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_PBjV1Zao

Also, thanks for the props on finger tip work guys! About 5 years ago I broke my left wrist quite badly and was forced to learn finger tip training as an alternative cause my ROM was so badly compromised I couldn't actually bend my wrist enough to support myself with a flat left hand. It has been slow going and I spent 3 years just relearning learning to do a handstand on my fingers. I am still able to support myself rings and P-bars as there is little or no wrist flexion/extension and actually find strength elements easier than floor work on my finger tips.

I'm also 6 feet tall which makes this stuff a little more challenging.