Pain in the ankle.

Started by stranger, February 24, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,469 Views

stranger

Hello everybody,

I've been reading this forum for quite a long time and today I am posting my first post which is, unfortunately, related to the pain in my ankle. I believe it is some problems with calcaneofibular ligament (the pain is in that area):

ankle-anatomy-3.jpg

It is interesting that pain appears when my hip is in 90 or so degrees flexion and when I dorsiflex my ankle. When I walk I don't feel any pain at all. What is more, I didn't have any traumatic situations and the first time I felt that pain was a week ago when I tried to strecth my hamstrings and put a heel on a table. My question would be what to do, wait until the pain goes away naturally (if it is possible) or try to stretch it out (through minor discomfort)? Or maybe the reason of the pain is different? Anyway, any ideas are welcome and sorry for the messy post.

Blairbob

Ankle mobility work if it doesn't hurt. In this case, probably ankle/foot circles with your foot in thereband.