This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120223

Started by Coach Sommer, February 23, 2012 · 8 Replies · 1,732 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 Front Pulls

9 Yewkis

2 Front Pulls

7 L-sit Chin-ups

2 Front Pulls

5 XR Bulgarian Rows

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) Choose another variation from the MPPu family if Yewkis are too demanding.

4) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds

5) Scale these movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests

2 Negative Front Pulls(5s)

7 Pulls ups(4/5 pallet band)

2 Negative Front Pulls(5s)

7 Pull ups(4/5 pallet band)

2 Negative Front Pulls(5s)

7 Rows(145 angle to floor)

Notes:

-Subs a little off for this one. I realized too late that I should have used 5 pallet bands the whole time. My forearms were fried by mid round two. 3rd round was a little broken with 6 + 1 sets, and added the 5th band for the last set. I had to go down in the basement to get another as I've had 2 break recently. I should probably just shell out and get some nice bands, but funds are tight right now.

-On the plus, pre-reqs felt really good today.

Vincent Stoyas

Didn't have much time to workout today. Half the round and I cut out the pre fsps

Dynamic warm up

Wrist prehab

Shoulder prehab

2 rounds

2 front pulls

9 yewkis (next round I didn't 360 pulls)

2 front pulls

7 negative l chin ups

2 front pulls

5 legs elevated sloe rows.

**notes**

Yewkis were extremely difficult. Used a tuck variation.

Second round I did 360 pulls in attempt to stay within the multi plane elements. Although the last few I just did a skin the cat and dropped off are the bottom

Front pulls I know I used momentum to get up, but tried to control my descent. I did swing for momentum, but I did pull violently and didn't have much control at all for the ascent

ChocoGymnast

4 rounds

2 Negative Front Pulls - Tuck

9 Front Lever Pulls

2 Negative Front Pulls - Tuck

7 Chinups

2 Negative Front Pulls - Tuck

5 XR Rows

Burned out way too quickly.

Sven Ravnstag

Does anyone else find that these sort of workouts (front pulls and front lever rows in particular) produce a lot of soreness in the lats/rhomboids/triceps? Without fail I'm really feeling these the next day, more than with any other WOD.

Vincent Stoyas

Definitely, Steve. I made the mistake of adding a quick failure set at the end of my two rounds. Didn't think it would he so bad because I only did half of the volume... I regret that whole heartily today. I had to pass on today's WOD because of that hahah.

David Hurwitz

*Chin-ups were in an L-sit for the first round only

*Tuck Front Lever Pulls were too broken up, and done w/ questionable ROM. Next time I'll scale down the multi-plane pull.

*Rings were adjusted to be level w/ my feet. Full ROM was difficult in the last round.

*Pulling to an inverted hang was weird on the bar.

I really learned my lesson not scaling this workout down enough. I was lacking the usual degree of satisfaction afterwords due to poor ROM in some repetitions.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP prerq WU (+Wall HS inserted)

Did: 3 rounds of: 2 Body levers(lowered to 45 degrees and then pulled back up to the candle stand)

9 Pull ups on rings (1st round did 9 all at once, 2nd round 6+3, 3rd round 5+2+2)

2 Body levers(lowered to 45 degrees and then pulled back up to the candle stand)

7 Chin ups-tuck L(1st round did 7 all at once, 2nd round 5+2, 3rd round 3+2+2)

2 Body levers(lowered to 45 degrees and then pulled back up to the candle stand)

5 Bent over rows (with 20kg barbell)

notes: Just couldn´t do 4th round..First 3 killed me, so I stopped there!

diotrephes

WU - Joint Rotations

Dynamic stretches, front, back, side, 3x10 reps

Kata

Active stretches, front, back, side, 5x5" each

WOD: 4 rounds

Negative Front pulls 2 2 1 1

Pull ups 7 6 5 4

Negative Front pulls 2 2 1 1

L-sit Chin-ups 5 4 3 2

Negative Front pulls 2 2 1 1

Bulgarian rows (dips?) 3 3 2 2

Difficult and sloppy...

Isometric stetching