Back Lever training

Started by Parkerson Seward, February 20, 2012 · 7 Replies · 5,226 Views

Parkerson Seward

I'm totally stuck with this. I've been training it for about 5 months now, and seem to have stalled. I started with the legs tucked variation, then to a position where one leg is extended, which was ok, but when I try to move to the next progression with my legs out in a "V" shape, I can't hold it.

I'm doing it on a bar, for the record. Any suggestions? Maybe a different series of progressions?

This is the progression routine I have been following:

uINfkCLebuo

Parkerson Seward
Bdk1786 said:
Man, I cry when i see this video. The guy is very strong and has some good moves, but god, the ugliest BL i have seen. When i got stuck on my BL training, I started to do some Bl pulls on top of the static work. That helped me out the most.

Yeah on his youtube page he says the bad BL form is due to inflexibility in his shoulder area. I've started to notice something similar in mine, any way you know of to prevent that?

Also, this might be obvious but I'm new to this, what exactly is a BL pull? Lowering down to the position but then raising up instead of holding it?

Parkerson Seward

Ok got it. I'll give it a shot in my workout tomorrow morning.

Do you (or anyone) know how I would avoid having the same form as the guy in the video?

John Dalton
Bdk1786 said:
Man, I cry when i see this video. The guy is very strong and has some good moves, but god, the ugliest BL i have seen. When i got stuck on my BL training, I started to do some Bl pulls on top of the static work. That helped me out the most.

Well, it's not the best form I've seen but he has a nice hollow body position and pointed toes. I too want to know how to avoid his neck position though.

seiyafan

Speaking of BL I just saw this video by Yan Mingyung, he did an invert to BL then press up to Planche, drop down to BL, press up to Maltese. :shock:

John Dalton

Can you post the link to this video please?

seiyafan
John Dalton said:
Can you post the link to this video please?

his routine starts at 1:53

Parkerson Seward

Fixed the video for you man

XhE_ZskfPI8

Bdk1786 said:
You avoid it by not progressing with the problem. Go to the progression in which you can perform it with good form.

Thanks for the advice