Code of Points with form?

Started by Howell, February 19, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,363 Views

Howell

Does anyone know if there is anything that spells out what specific form is expected for each skill? For instance I'm trying to figure out how far you should pull your shoulders back while doing a front lever. I know this forum is a great resource for questions like this but I'm sure I'll have many more questions like this as I progress so I was wondering if there was some document out there kinda like the Code of Points but that indicates what exact form is expected for each skill. Or is this just tribal knowledge?

I don't plan to ever compete but I'd still like to know the correct form to strive for in my own workouts.

Thanks!

Blairbob

No, nothing in Men's Judging really goes over this bit by bit, detail by detail.

BtGB will. Roger Harrell's "Got Rings" article does somewhat and I'm sure there are some other gymnastics book out there that will touch upon it.

Finding other gymnastics books is the hard part. There isn't much out there though sometimes you get lucky in libraries.

Does anyone know if there is anything that spells out what specific form is expected for each skill

Another problem is it will differ from one coach to another.

Some coaches call straight, hollow and others would call hollow, straight and others would say hollow is hollow.