My garage gym (wink)

Started by Larry Roseman, February 19, 2012 · 8 Replies · 2,864 Views

Larry Roseman

Check it out ...

not crossfit

post-49454-13531537286835_thumb.jpg

me here

post-49454-13531537287113_thumb.jpg

easy hurdles

post-49454-13531537287448_thumb.jpg

sleds, gravel pit, bands, weights also

post-49454-13531537287762_thumb.jpg

Did I imply it was *my* home garage? Unfortunately it isn't. But it was a garage - an auto repair shop!

If anyone is in the greater downtown toronto (canada) area and wants to play here, let me know. It's very reasonable for 1-1.5hrs.

The trainer is trying to build up the class and open to a variety possiblities including general athletic training, conditioning, ring work and olympic lifting. :wink: :wink:

Blairbob

Yep, there is growth in CF-style/Functional fitness gyms out there. Basically they use all the toys of CF and what not but implement way different programming and less silly baloney.

Cole Dano

More power to them! CrossFits tools are excellent, it's how they use them where it falls down.

There will be more places like this in the future I'm sure and all the better if they can maintain their independence and integrity.

Larry Roseman

Good points guys.

Prior to here I checked out the xfit near me, which actually is less dogmatic than most. However their prices were $300 monthly prehab mainly (2-3 months required) and then $200 monthly for the regular program!

They raised prices around when the Reebok ads came out :mrgreen:

Razz

$300 per month!?! :shock:

Erik Sjolin

Looks really cool, FiN. :D

I'm really hoping gyms like these become more popular in the next few years. Most of the facilities I've seen are basically big hotel gyms; machines and treadmills.

The tire flipping kind of makes me smile though. Something to think about is getting about 8 drive tires off of semis and stacking them instead of just flipping a little ol' tractor tire. Either that, or put the tire on a rim first. :twisted:

Larry Roseman
Erik said:
Looks really cool, FiN. :D

I'm really hoping gyms like these become more popular in the next few years. Most of the facilities I've seen are basically big hotel gyms; machines and treadmills.

The tire flipping kind of makes me smile though. Something to think about is getting about 8 drive tires off of semis and stacking them instead of just flipping a little ol' tractor tire. Either that, or put the tire on a rim first. :twisted:

I really don't like hard work :mrgreen:

Funny, back in the day (when people would actually sweat to make a living)

would anyone exert themelves to mimic real work movements?

We call that functional exercise, lol.

And pay to do it.

Too much!!

Quick Start Test Smith

lol

Times change...

Larry Roseman
Erik Sjolin said:
Looks really cool, FiN. :D

I'm really hoping gyms like these become more popular in the next few years. Most of the facilities I've seen are basically big hotel gyms; machines and treadmills.

The tire flipping kind of makes me smile though. Something to think about is getting about 8 drive tires off of semis and stacking them instead of just flipping a little ol' tractor tire. Either that, or put the tire on a rim first. :twisted:

You're right ... found another one closer to my home. It's been around a while though.

Poked my head in yesterday - didn't see any rings but will ask when I go through.

http://www.advantage4athletes.com/facility/video