New Cardio Idea

Started by Fluidity, February 19, 2012 · 2 Replies · 7,596 Views

Fluidity

I just wanted to ask you what you guys think about this new exercise I've thought up of along with stair climbing. I live in an apartment and I do stair climbing as an intense cardio exercise. However a new idea that came to me was to do "rail climbing". You see on each flight of stairs there are rails on both sides. An idea came to me to try climbing them in a spiderman fashion with a leg and arm on each rail, climbing up and down at a really quick speed. Another idea came to climb the rails in a crab walk fashion going up and down. I just want to ask you what you think of that and if its a good exercise to train the body during some of my cardio sessions. I can send you all a video of me doing it if you want a better clarification.

Blairbob

Sounds parkour-ish.

Don't fall off.

Please take video if you do for posterity and a Darwin award.

Fluidity
Blairbob said:
Sounds parkour-ish.

Don't fall off.

Please take video if you do for posterity and a Darwin award.

Well actually yeah, I made up this exercise to help my climbing and balance skills due to not having anything else to use for climbing.