Shoulder position in an Iron Cross.

Started by Typhoon, February 18, 2012 · 3 Replies · 7,303 Views

Typhoon

What should you be striving to do with your shoulders during an Iron Cross? I am a bit confused by the information around as some says to retract and depress while others to hollow out the chest (protract the shoulders) and depress. Any particularly correct position?

changpion

I'm far from experienced in this, but this video seems to explain it quite well

Blairbob

It can be done in either fashion but the positioning of rolling the shoulders forward allows for transitions to and from Cross. Shoulders rolled back is probably a bit harder on the elbows.

John Sapinoso
changpion said:
I'm far from experienced in this, but this video seems to explain it quite well

I feel like this video is copying a similar one by Carl Paoli. Although, Paoli uses the term "external rotation" in an easily misinterpreted way.

Anyways, yes shoulders should rotate forwards without shrugging up.