Body type and L-sits/Manna on the floor

Started by Sven Ravnstag, February 17, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,189 Views

Sven Ravnstag

Is there such a thing as a body type that's not appropriate for l-sits/mannas from the floor? I'm guessing I've got a long torso and relatively short arms, as when I attempt to do these in order to keep my glutes off the ground I have to come up on my fingers. Should I consider training the moves in this way or short I just practice them from parallelets?

It feels unnatural/uncomfortable to flex forward enough for my flat palms to keep my butt off the ground and I'm wondering if this is a strength active flexibility issue or if I'm just not built for the movement and would be better off training it another way.

Sven Ravnstag

Thank you! I guess the walking l-sits should be done on fingers too!

Nic Branson

With varying arm length the floor version will likely require more compression. I do hips forward advanced L-sit on pb or canes but on the floor a straight L sit with palms down is much harder.