Flag poles

Started by Nino, February 17, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,143 Views

Nino

Hey GB Forums! My first thread here..

I was wondering what are some progressions for building a strong flag-pole hold? I didn't see any in the BtGB book (maybe I completely missed it??) I've looked up on parkour sites/forums and stuff and they have some neat ideas, like flag pole tuck and windshield wipers to build up the obliques.. I assume having progress in FL, BL, planche are all helpful?

I was also wondering if having core strength in a certain movement like a full front lever for example would be considered a threshold to hold a flagpole as well, or is there any sort of thing? (I realize everyone's body is different, and adapts differently, but thought I would ask anyway[doesn't hurt to ask, right? :P])

Thank you,

Nino

Blairbob

GB calls it a side lever. Page 141-142.

If you an opposed grip, it's easier. I've been told that in the circus and acro world, having the hands in the same direction is preferred and it makes harder, IMO. I also think it's harder to stabilize your body with a double overgrip than using an opposed grip or neutral grip.

Body Lever, and good pushing and pull strength are required, IMO.