Best handstand pushup on PBs?

Started by seiyafan, February 16, 2012 · 6 Replies · 3,099 Views

seiyafan

TXSdcLraC2g

starts at 28 seconds. :shock:

Blairbob

Interesting. Sort of like going from upper arm in a Russian Dip...except in HSPU.

seiyafan

I wonder what did the Chinese eat...... :mrgreen:

Blairbob

According to a Malaysian who spent some time in their program (ethnically Chinese guy born in Malaysia), lots of meat and veggies and some rice.

Brian Li
Blairbob said:
Interesting. Sort of like going from upper arm in a Russian Dip...except in HSPU.

Isn't the lower arms on the bar instead of the upper arms in Russian dips or are you talking about a different variation? The tiger-bend hspu is more like the Russian dip than this.

Blairbob

Yeah sort of, I think. Tiger Bend pushups off hand or basically bent arm planche pushup to HS, right? I know there is some yoga pushup that goes from forearms to elbows up like a russian dip.

Brian Li

I mean the gymnast Huang Xu has his upper arms and shoulders leaning on the parallel bars and has to reverse the movement back to shoulder stand which is opposite of the tiger-bends and Russian dip leans. This version seems super hard and probably places a lot of stress on the elbows, but maybe in a different area of the elbow from where the tiger-bends/MU transitions stress.