S-e-x

Started by irongymnast, February 16, 2012 · 18 Replies · 5,561 Views

irongymnast

Yes you read right, s-e-x. Why would that word be censored in the gb forums, I don't understand.

How important is *** to the performance of an athlete?

There have been numerous studies that show *** has stress relief effects, which is crucial for recovery, performance etc.

If there is so much talk about sleeping/eating/resting well, I'm surprised that there isn't a topic discussing *** (I searched the forum) and its impact to training.

WitnessTheFitness

Resting and eating are two vital aspects for repair and growth of the body, so of course they're discussed a lot. Intercourse is not an important part of the equation to strength training, nor in the equation at all as far as I can see. I'd put this below Eddie Bravo's suggestions about marijuana use to enhance one's Ju Jitsu skills, even :P

Blairbob

Well, considering the number of condoms they distribute out to the Olympic athletes I'd say it's a factor.

Don't do it to the point that it detracts from training performance, especially priorities and time management.

It's use for stress relief is where it's worth the most to some athletes. Basically mental state. Probably not to their coaches. Really depends on the athlete.

Cole Dano

I remember the days when professional football players were asked to abstain before a game day. It was thought that a roll in the hay would make them weaker. That turned out not to be true.

Aaron Griffin

I've seen a lot of talk about testosterone levels with regard to the male climax. The long and short of it is that you need like a whole week of abstinence in order to produce an upswing in testosterone, and it's barely measurable

Joshua Naterman
phrak said:
I've seen a lot of talk about testosterone levels with regard to the male climax. The long and short of it is that you need like a whole week of abstinence in order to produce an upswing in testosterone, and it's barely measurable

That may be true, but the aggression that you feel is very measurable. I am basing this 100% on my own personal experience, so please consider this very subjective. This absolutely helps in combat sports on fight day. I have no idea about anything else.

irongymnast

Doesn't aggression reduce clarity during the boxing match? Like rage makes people clumsy.

RatioFitness

We haven't discussed it because we're all virgins.

Blairbob

LMAO. :shock: :x

Speak for yourself. :wink: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Donar

Haha, funny that it's censored - that kind of corroborates the prejudice some europeans have about americans - that most of them are prude. :lol:

Anyway, I think this is a very interesting question. There's probably not gonna be that much research on this, but who knows. I'm pretty sure *** has health benefits (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/***-heal ... z1mkwjVU5z), and anything that has health benefits could be good for the training. Not sure how much of a difference it makes though.

Consider reading the following posts - they are not safe for work or children though.

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... y-are.html

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... re_07.html

Blairbob

I would probably agree that not talking about ***, politics, and religion are not appropriate for this forum. This forum is about Gymnastics Strength Training, not any of those topics. Said topics would just derail into a storm of baloney that probably would not be kept civil.

Whatever allows for a better mental state is ideal IMO so it becomes dependent on the individual. Very much the placebo effect.

Quick Start Test Smith

I don't see why s-e-x should be an avoided subject on these forums. It has measurable physical effects (afaik) and could be considered a factor in athletic performance (albeit a potentially micro sized one). Politics and religion do not belong in the forum IMO, but I don't think s-e-x belongs in that list.

Blairbob

This thread is pretty civil and hasn't really gone out of hand so it's fine at it's current state.

It is probably the least of inflammatory among itself and politics and religion.

Joshua Naterman
irongymnast said:
Doesn't aggression reduce clarity during the boxing match? Like rage makes people clumsy.

Uncontrolled rage is the enemy. Controlled rage is your friend in a fight, as is controlled fear. When controlled, these keep you sharp. Uncontrolled, they make you sloppy and timid.

You can actually learn all this from Star Wars novels, interestingly enough hahaha!

irongymnast

lol, rage is actually uncontrolled by definition. rage=uncontrolled anger .

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

pogo69

I find the most interesting aspect of this post to be the fact that it is in the Nutrition section. :o :? :shock:

Blairbob

It makes a'body good. Or feel good.

Nutrition for mind could be argued because of mind-body connection.

Coach Sommer

Gentlemen,

The reason it is censored on this forum, and will remain so, is that it has very little, either directly or indirectly, to do with Gymnastic Strength Training™. In addition, such discussions rarely remain appropriate.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Quick Start Test Smith

I approve of that, Coach.