Chen yibing having fun

Started by seiyafan, February 16, 2012 · 15 Replies · 11,177 Views

seiyafan

What a beast!

kdBt0NyI9EI

This is an exhibition "show".

HQX9a4JO2hs

Typhoon

This guy is awesome, not to mention built like a brick house. Anyone ever notice his posture? While back is straight his shoulders seem to be protracted forward quite a bit. Not quite rounded forward like that of a powerlifter, whose shoulders are extremely internally rotated, but definitly not retracted at all.

Thoughts on this in terms of injuries and what not? My guess is that they are protracted forward from so much protraction work in maltese and planche but I doubt that his rear delts are really weak I mean look at his back.

Joshua Naterman

That's one of the issues with being a competitive gymnast, all the points are in protraction and hollow. As long as there is good prehab done, including plenty of mobility and strength work for the upper back and chest (which is a part of training for these guys anyways) he should be fine. The Chinese seem to be very big on pre-hab work.

seiyafan

I think many gymnasts bear the pain during their ring routines in competition, we just don't know it. :mrgreen:

I wonder if doing lots of pull-ups is the quickest way to build a back like his. I mean I am getting a broader back from all the training I've done in the last three months, but it's just not bulging.

Joshua Naterman

Lol, you can't get a huge back in 3 months! 2 years is reasonable if your eating and workouts are on point.

seiyafan

darn... :mrgreen: okay, I am going back for more pull-ups and protein powder.

Joshua Naterman

Lol! Just remember to have lots of small doses throughout the day, and have some carbs with each dose!

seiyafan

You know, it's always nice to have a goal in mind during training.

U100P200T1D177280F12DT20080809085615.jpg

mikelmarion

What would ring work combined with heavy front squatting and oylmpic lifting produce?

Nic Branson
mikelmarion said:
What would ring work combined with heavy front squatting and oylmpic lifting produce?

Big grocery bill.

Joshua Naterman
canthar said:
mikelmarion said:
What would ring work combined with heavy front squatting and oylmpic lifting produce?

Big grocery bill.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yes sir it would!

Zac Rhyne

Pull ups

seiyafan

That's exactly what I was looking for, thickening the back in the other dimension, so deadlift huh?

Zac Rhyne
seiyafan said:
That's exactly what I was looking for, thickening the back in the other dimension, so deadlift huh?

BTGB under the "Core " chapter.

seiyafan

Holy mother of batman, compare to his my back looks like an airport runway.

seiyafan

take a look at this picture:

img2442b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How to get that tapered look from this angle? Is the thicker upper back due to bone structure or thicker meat?