This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120216

Started by Coach Sommer, February 16, 2012 · 13 Replies · 1,775 Views

Coach Sommer

pKMnv7eEsnQ

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo Seated MU

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Lsit Lift

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 412 for the FBE. For the Seated MU this equates to a 2 second ascent/concentric, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 4 second descent/eccentric.

5) You may scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

6) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

Pre-req WU

WOD:3 sets each/rx'd rests

15s L-sit low + 3 Pulls/3 dips (211 Tempo)

15s German Hang + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

15s L-sit hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo Tuck V-ups

10 BWW(5,5)

Notes:

-This was pretty brutal. Not really sure what I was doing with the dips/pulls with tempo. I really should start doing some false grip stuff anytime there is MU. I can't even do XR dips yet though, so I'm hoping to get 5x5 of regular pulls/dips then start some ring stuff.

-HeS RLL were ridiculous w/ that 4s decent. Last 2-3reps/last 2 sets were almost fall overs. V-ups felt better than that last time I did these w/ tempo.

-Been sleeping really crap lately, so there's that as well.

ChocoGymnast
TANSTAAFL said:
I can't even do XR dips yet though, so I'm hoping to get 5x5 of regular pulls/dips then start some ring stuff

Unweighted pulls/dips?

Alvaro

Yesterday I had to drop this training, i had traibed at the gym wednesday night at the gymnastic gym, plus some active recovery at the morning. Defenitely too much in a row.

Josh Schmitter
ChocoGymnast said:
TANSTAAFL said:
I can't even do XR dips yet though, so I'm hoping to get 5x5 of regular pulls/dips then start some ring stuff

Unweighted pulls/dips?

Yeppers.

ChocoGymnast

3 sets of each.

PL Tuck + 5 slow neg XR MU. Difficult.

BL Tuck + 5 Tempo HeS RLL Unweighted. Also hard.

FL Tuck + 5 Tempo Lsit Lift. Coach was right about the tricep cramps. Could barely manage this. Needed a spot to get the full ROM.

10 Bridge Wall Walks

TANSTAAFL said:
ChocoGymnast said:
TANSTAAFL said:
I can't even do XR dips yet though, so I'm hoping to get 5x5 of regular pulls/dips then start some ring stuff

Unweighted pulls/dips?

Yeppers.

I'd recommend adding some weight. It made ring dips so much easier.

David Hurwitz

Wrist Routine - from knees

Ido's Shoulder ROM and Mobilization

Ido's Scapula Routine

10x6 sec tuck PL on parallettes

10x6 sec open tuck FL on pullup bar

Warmed up w/ 2 sets each:

5 XR pullups

5 XR dips

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded PL (XR PL lean) + 5 Tempo Seated MU

1 Embedded BL (1/2 lay) + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded FL (XR flat tuck) + 5 Tempo Lsit Lift (tuck)

10 Bridge Wall Walks

*4 sec. descent made Hes RLL brutal.

*Tiny ROM on L-sit lifts despite tuck position. My support and abdominal strength was pretty shot by that point.

Josh Schmitter
ChocoGymnast said:
I'd recommend adding some weight. It made ring dips so much easier.

I mean I haven't gotten to 5x5 unweighted yet on bar/chairs.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD done on Sat

3 rds:

tuck PL + 5 tempo slow MU

full BL + 5 tempo HeS RLL

advanced lay FL + 5 tempo tuck L-sit lifts

rested 2 min bet each set and 30 sec bet each static and exercise

-l-sit lifts got really hard towards the end of the workout; was barely able to raise legs last set!

-great wod

Ivan Uzarevic1

General WU

FSP prereq WU

Shoulder routine (Ido´s scapula mobilization routine)

Completed 3 sets each:

1 Embedded PL (Adv FS) + 5 Tempo Seated MU (5 false grip pull ups + 5 single bar dips)

1 Embedded BL (Tuck)+ 5 Tempo HeS RLL (5 Weighted HeS RLL)

1 Embedded FL (Weighted L-hang)+ 5 Tempo Lsit Lift (V – ups)

Finished the workout with some Bridge work (legs set higher on the stall bar)

notes: Due to slight elbow pain (caused by yesterday´s MU) I did false grip pull ups and single bar dips instead of doing seated MU and it felt fine!

Cole Dano
TANSTAAFL said:
ChocoGymnast said:
I'd recommend adding some weight. It made ring dips so much easier.

I mean I haven't gotten to 5x5 unweighted yet on bar/chairs.

Where are you and the pushup and row progressions TANS?

Josh Schmitter
Cole Dano said:
TANSTAAFL said:
ChocoGymnast said:
I'd recommend adding some weight. It made ring dips so much easier.

I mean I haven't gotten to 5x5 unweighted yet on bar/chairs.

Where are you and the pushup and row progressions TANS?

Hey, actually really glad you picked this back up as I had another related question nagging me. Firstly, pushups I am usually doing regular XR, and probably will up that soon. Rows I'm doing 2x3 feet on the floor, body horizontal rows every WO day in my warm up, as per Coach's suggestion(usually skip on dynamic pull days). This concerns my question as to rows: I am really focusing on touching the rings to my shoulders/pecs, but I have just recently noticed my elbows flair out slightly at the extreme end ROM. So I just go as far as comfortable with elbow pointing straight back, or stay with what I'm currently doing. On tempo days this is a real problem holding the top pause for any length of time.

Back to Pulls/Dips...Every ring day I am doing them, currently at 4x4(2121 tempo). I add a set every 2-3 times rings roll around, and when I hit 5 sets I go back down to 3 sets with another rep added. Progress has been somewhat slow, but I also have had sleep issues and know I don't scale properly a lot of the time. Thanks for any insights. I mean any you can give up until the seminar graces me in September :).

Cole Dano

With the rows, don't allow the elbows to flare out, squeeze those scaps together. In your warm up rows you might raise the rings a bit and find an angle that's not too much of a strain to hold at the top. My own thought is more volume, less intensity might help using rows in the warm up.

Are you doing some sort of push ups in your warm ups as well?

Josh Schmitter

I will adjust my rows accordingly, thanks. I guess I just need to find out how far I can pull at an easy angle to make sure what I'm trying to do is even possible/perhaps going a little too far as the pictures/description in BtGB are a little vague on this point.

As for pushups, I do the wrist routine with all 5 variations, for 5 reps each(going to up that soon). Are you then suggesting to do some light regular floor push sets or even some XR sets? Thanks again for keeping up with this.