Is the support to bent arm planche an MP Press?

Started by JOSE QUINONEZ, February 15, 2012 · 2 Replies · 3,268 Views

JOSE QUINONEZ

I am not sure whether to treat it as a dip exercise, a pushup exercise, or an MP press. The first half of the movement feels like a regular ring dip, but on the way down, I lean my shoulders forward into a bent arm planche, and then it feels like the swinging part of a PPP or a PMP. Would this (MP?) exercise help with planche pushups, or should I just stick with working on planche pushups?

Joshua Naterman

This is essentially a Rings Turned Out dip, which is definitely multiplanar. It will have some carryover to most motions in horizontal and vertical pressing.

JOSE QUINONEZ

Ah ok thanks :)

I have been doing them in the half lay position, right after tuck planche holds.

Today I did my first tuck planche pushup in parallel bars on my first try! think this type of dip helped.