How long, on average, will it take someone following the BtGB program properly and with no injuries during the whole time, to achieve all three full-lay levers??
How Long?
Started by John Dalton, February 15, 2012 · 9 Replies · 2,964 Views
It all depends.
If a person is 5' 130 vs 6' 170, it's gonna be different or if they are 5'6 155.
What their base strength comes in at. Now if we were to suppose they were 10-15% bodyfat and could do 0-5 pushups and situps that estimate is going to be different than someone who could do 5 pullups and 10 dips or 10 pullups and 15 dips, etc.
Planche is probably nearly twice as difficult as a front lever+back lever. Really, back lever is pretty simple.
i am 5'6" and around 120lb :oops: at around 10% BF. I have done a weighted chin-up and a weighted dip with 60lb which are not my maxes actually. So how long do you think it will take me?
John Dalton said:i am 5'6" and around 120lb :oops: at around 10% BF. I have done a weighted chin-up and a weighted dip with 60lb which are not my maxes actually. So how long do you think it will take me?
My only experience of gymnastics is the BTGB programme so I am in no position to give you a direct answer as I have no experience of watching gymnasts train and make progress.
What I would say however is that your height and weight and bodyfat % are advantageous, and your weighted chin-up and dip are way beyond what the average Joe straight off the street could manage, so you have a great starting point. It's fair to say that if you apply yourself logically and diligently, you'll achieve those goals more quickly than most in your age group (whatever that is).
Hmm, rough guess, is BL within 3-6 months, FL within 6-9 months, PL 1-2 years.
This is if programming has no roadblocks and the stars align and the world doesn't go to pot after the winter solstice in 2012.
Thanks for the replies guys.
I understand that it will take a long time to build up even the simple back lever. Imagine how long it will take to achieve an iron cross or a palms-backwards planche!! :shock:
BL shouldn't really take a long time to build up. FL can be pretty much the same way. This depends on where you come in at.
PL and IC are other animals though.
Blairbob said:Hmm, rough guess, is BL within 3-6 months, FL within 6-9 months, PL 1-2 years.This is if programming has no roadblocks and the stars align and the world doesn't go to pot after the winter solstice in 2012.
So everyone is waiting with bated breath about what is gonna happen ![]()
Keep in mind they may not advance at similar intervals either. For myself my FL is much better then my BL. My BL is rather embarrassing but I'm working on it.
DannyCE said:I would argue the PL to be 1 year, 342 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes and 4.8 seconds precisely - not a second more.
So precise..... ![]()