How should I do my push ups? With elbows out or elbows close in?
Elbows close in:
rICgEMAzc2w
Elbows out:
1bXa4Cg0IhE
Thanks!
Started by Quick Start Test Smith, February 15, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,059 Views
How should I do my push ups? With elbows out or elbows close in?
Elbows close in:
rICgEMAzc2w
Elbows out:
1bXa4Cg0IhE
Thanks!
Elbows in.
Locked out at the top. Chest to deck on the bottom.
I'm always surprised that a lot of people have trouble with the traditional pushup (elbows in) It's excellent and should be mastered first and foremost.
The other wide elbow version is what i learned in grade school. Using GB terminology, i've been calling this a Bulgarian floor pushup.
I don't let my students do them until they can do the traditional one well. And generally will bypass it and go the the rings first.
However i don't see any thing wrong with it, but one should understand they are different.
I do i as a warm up on pressing days
I do elbows-in push ups regularly and I like them. How do you think they're different in the muscles trained?