Twisting back handspring

Started by Yaad Mohammad, February 11, 2012 · 1 Replies · 4,015 Views

Yaad Mohammad

Hey guys! So I used to twist my back handspring because I kept looking backwards. 2 days ago I was past that and could do perfect back handsprings. Now I'm doing it again and it's very annoying. I'm not scared, my body just keeps on twisting. And when I try to lean to the other side to not twist, I twist even more! I can do backflips without any hesitation. I don't find the back handsprings scary at all, but it just doesn't work!

Blairbob

By yourself this will probably be difficult to fix. Usually I fix this with a lot of hand spotting and going back to basic BHS drills such as BHS over a barrel, jump backs to stacked mats, and Back Walkovers.

You have to keep your eyes forward and shoulders roughly open at the same angle. You have to defeat looking over your shoulder.