This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reached bench marks

Started by chauinc, September 27, 2008 · 4 Replies · 718 Views

chauinc

I just wanted to share some of the things I've managed to get. I'll add to it wen i get more. I started working out and being more active at the beginning if the summer at that point i couldn't even close a 80 pound gripper or hold an L seat. Now I can hold the L seat for about 14 seconds and i can lay my hands flat on the ground beside my feet in a standing pike. And i can put my head to my knees in a pike. As well as the things below.

Aug 27 2008

Closed the 100 pound gripper with each hand!

September 13 2008

Got into a V seat position did not hold

September 19 2008

Benched 85pounds

September 27 2008

Tuck planche push ups on parallettes full ROM

85 pounds doesn't sound like a lot but for me it is i weigh 95 pounds and I'm about 5 foot 2 inches. Also because of the all the ring dips I've done I can easily do 15 dips on 2 bars which is a huge improvement. I can also do pistols while holding 10 pounds now too.

Garre33

nice work, keep up the gains!

Blairbob

Dang it must be nice to be super light. My friend was 117 when he competed at about that height.

chauinc
Blairbob said:
Dang it must be nice to be super light. My friend was 117 when he competed at about that height.

Yeah the girls are jealous too bwahahaha

chauinc

So since winter is coming and it's starting to get cold in Edmonton i need to move my workout from the rings outside to the gym. I've been trying to build a decent workout to build strength for movements like but not limited to the planche, front lever, back lever, iron cross, muscle ups, circles. I built a simplified version of my ring workout as my gym workout. Can someone critique it for me and provide some insight?

I will be doing it Mon, Wed, and Fri. All other days are rest days.

Skin the cat – 3 sets x 3 reps

L(straddled) pullups – 3 sets of 3

weighted dips – 3 sets of 2

HLR – 4 sets x 4 reps

Pistols (+15 pounds) – 3 sets x 2 reps

Box jumps: 20

Cross lifts: 7.5 pounds 5 seconds hold 6 times

I'm doing it every day because their aren't enough excercises for me to split it into 2 days and do a mon, tues, thur, fri schedule. Any advice would help. I'm giving the workout a test on monday. It has been revamped after my last workout.