Knees cracking

Started by Muddy, February 10, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,800 Views

Muddy

My knees make a crackling noise when I squat down. When I bend my leg normally there is no crunching. Only when pressure is on te joint.

The sound is crunching. A lot of little pops on the way down. Nothing on the way up. Sometimes it crunches a lot sometimes only a little. There is no pain at all when this happens. It does sound kind of nasty and it doesnt go away. So if I did 10 sets of 10 reps even then it would still crunch.

Is this something to be concerned about? Is there some kind of damage to my knee? I am 18 now. I remember this happening when I was 16. I am 6'3 and I grew to this height very very quickly. It caused some other injuries because Iwas playing sport at the same time.

Are there any exercises I can do to help reduce this cracking or to strengthen the knee? Any advice?

thanks a lot

John Sapinoso

cracking is no big deal if its painless.