I don't know what's caused it but my right hip has the feeling of being constantly tight, like the muscles won't release or relax what so ever. I've had it all day yesterday and today, I stretched as much as humanly possible yesterday along with foam rolling and nothing helped. I feel it in any position I'm in, and even more when I'm sitting. At this point it's even starting to cause some soreness in my hip along with the major discomfort. Any information on how to get rid of this?!?!!?
Need help quick, very irritating problem!
Started by Bryce Warren, February 8, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,925 Views
Perhaps taking a muscle relaxant could help.
Myolastan http://www.drugcite.com/indi/?q=MYOLAST ... E+RIGIDITY
is a very common drug
Hot tub or hot whirlpool, or some other sort of deep heat. Mobility should work too, hip circles and such with very low volume so that you don't wear the muscles out may help a bit. I never got much relief from stretching, it always took light exercise for feelings like that to go away. Good luck, sounds uncomfortable!
Today is the perfect day for me to decide to go swimming then, I'll hit the hot tub once I'm finished and see how it feels. With any luck I'll get rid of it by tomorrow (lord knows I'll have gone insane if it lasts any longer). If all else fails I will grab the muscle relaxant when I go out again. Thanks for the suggestions!
Hot Tub and some light stretching with mobility work. Circles etc. Check the tightness of your gluteus and your IT bands.