Frog Stand to Hand Stand Transition

Started by sclarkson1, February 8, 2012 · 4 Replies · 13,909 Views

sclarkson1

I have been working on my frog stands, and I am just wondering how long I should be able to hold it before I can start to transition from frogs to hand stands. Thx in advance. :D

Blairbob

You don't need a very long hold, just enough to master the balance so you can control rocking it to a headstand. From there it's pretty much a HeSPU except you won't typically touch your head to the floor (but you could).

Aaron Griffin

I think he's actually talking about the CC style progression, where a 60s frog stand is a prereq to handstand work. Not a handstand press

Cole Dano
phrak said:
I think he's actually talking about the CC style progression, where a 60s frog stand is a prereq to handstand work. Not a handstand press

Good catch Phrak.

With the GB program one can start with HS almost right away.

If there were a pre-req it would be the 60 second plank, rev plank and perhaps PB support. That will start getting your wrists used to bearing weight with straight arms. The frog stand doesn't help with the straight arm part, unless it's the advanced version, but if you were doing that this wouldn't be a question in the first place.

sclarkson1

Yah, I was asking about the cc progression. Once I become proficent at a handstand hold, I will work on the pressing part. I want to also be able to walk on my hands, go up the stairs, and eventually do clapping handstand pushups. I realize that there is a method of progression, you can only handle so much at one time.