This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120207

Started by Coach Sommer, February 7, 2012 · 6 Replies · 1,664 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls

15’ - Cirque

2 – Back Pulls

9 – Tuck FL Rows

2 – Back Pulls

7 – XR FL Pulls

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Back Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Back Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) The FL Pulls should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

5) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests

GH Pulls: 1 full, 1 Negative(6s)

10 Towel Rows standing

GH Pulls: 1 full, 1 Negative(6s)

8 Body Rows(about [degrees]160[/degrees])

GH Pulls: 1 full, 1 Negative(6s)

8 Pulls ups (4 pallet band)

Notes:

-Feeling a little off again today, esp. for Pre-reqs. They are just feeling really tough lately, even changing arm position of arch/hollow hold. The WOD actually felt pretty good. I thought it would be a little rougher due to my forearm fatigue from yesterday's, but all was well...and by that I mean the 4th round was VERY hard.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD

4 rds:

2 back pulls

10 xr pull up

2 back pulls

9 tuck fl rows

2 back pulls

7 adv tuck fl pulls

rested 3 min between each round

-arms were fried after!

Alex Solis

Hey everyone,

I'm one day behind this week, so I just ALMOST finished this workout. I've got a BIG QUESTION though: :D

Just yesterday, I changed my tempos/variations for my FSP (and I'm using the Steady Cycle schedule). I did my FSP as follows:

4x15sec FL-advanced tuck

10x7sec BL -advanced tuck

4x15sec XR L-sit

2x40sec Frog Stand + 4x15sec PL lean

Then I went to my rings to start this great workout and...

When I tried the 2 Back Pulls... surprise!! :shock: :shock: :shock: MY biceps were DESTROYED!!! They hurt when I did this movement. Now, I finished the first whole round (no problem with the other 3 exercises) but I stopped. I stopped because I'm afraid to tear my bicep tendons apart (like Demus did) :? :?

So the question is: was it safe to finish the other 3 rounds? Or did I make the right choice by waiting? Is it normal to feel this "strain/cool pain" in you biceps?

Alex Solis
Bdk1786 said:
Do you take any resting time between your warm up and your WOD?

Today I took about 3 minutes. But I don't really usually rest. :?

Bdk1786 said:
Do you warmup the same progression of your BL that you will be performing in your workout? Working BL and Pl leans then jumping right into the workout could have done it for you.

Aha! That's EXACTLY what happened :roll: :roll: :lol::lol:

Bdk1786 said:
I take an active 10 min rest between my warm up and workout, usually doing some more ballistic stretching and twists.

This sounds like a great idea, I will try this for a couple of weeks to see how I feel. Many thanks! :D

Alvaro

4x

2 bp (limited rom)

10 rope pull ups with feet on the ground (to be able to finish the al 4 rounds)

2 bp

9 XR body rows with feet on the ground AND knees bended , making it easier.

2 bp

7 FL pulls but in a Lat pull down machine with 35 kgs (is the only way to make some pulling exercice, that smoked I am, so I do a multiplane once I am on sissy mode. Not exactly the same as the real thing but I really feal the biceps and back :oops: )

my max pull ups is at 8 right now, approaching 4x10 slizzard´s pull up template when there is no pulling wod.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU

Shoulder routine

Completed four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls (GH Pulls)

15’ - Cirque (Towell pull ups)

2 – Back Pulls

9 – Tuck FL Rows (Bent over row with barbell)

2 – Back Pulls

7 – XR FL Pulls (Chin ups)

notes: I combined towell pull ups with lat machine since I couldn´t completed all 4 rounds with 10 reps!!