This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Carol (But you can call me Caz)'s Log

Started by Cazamatazz, February 7, 2012 · 5 Replies · 607 Views

Cazamatazz

Alright, First thing's first. Hello. This is my first Log post (Though not my first WoD). I've been doing WoD's for about 6-7 months, and have decided that posting them would be beneficial for myself (and maybe for others?) So I'd love any and all feedback, and Happy WoD!

WOD - 120130- Leg Strength Day~ (Yesterday's. Today's to follow)

40 minute jog (a Bit of a rarity, usually I just do a half hour in the mornings, but I lost track of time...)

30 second L-sit

30 second Tuck Planche (Attempting to move this to Flat Tuck, but my flat tuck is...well, not so flat yet...)

30 second Tuck FL

Perform the following:

:!: 3x5 RLL

-WIsh I could do them weighted, but not quite yet.

:!: 3x10 SLS

-I'm also still using support for my SLS's (Working on my balance and ankle flexibility) but I'm getting closer :)

:!: 3x5 Archups

- Have discovered I'm actually quite decent at these, and am probably going to add weights next time.

I've ended off with working on L-sits

Notes:

I welcome any and all suggestions with regards to the above.

If anyone has any more suggestions for stronger, more flexible ankles, do pass them along :)

Jon Douglas

Hoo-rah! Congrats on joining and your first post :D

Re the ankles, other than the single-legged squatting what worked for me back in Japan was discovering squatting calf raises. Have a look at #4 here, see how it goes.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't include the link ^_^ here

http://www.musclesofiron.com/articles/a-dirty-dozen/

Other than that, I'm doing the barefoot running for it, with a set of toe and calf raises before it. There's some lower leg prehab series floating around somewhere too, you could ask re that if you wanted.

Cazamatazz

So while I realize I'm behind on the WoD's, I've been doing the same progression (albiet with easier exercises) as a friend, so I am following the same schedule.

Now, Down to business:

20 minute Jog (Always every morning...usually 30 minutes, but shorter today)

30 seconds L-sit

4 x 15 second tuck planche (which alternates with flat tuck planche as I get used to doing flat tuck.)

30 second tuck FL (I'm getting better with this...)

Almost thought it was going to rain on me this morning.

:)

As a Preface to this, I had dislocated my right shoulder 3 times in a week and a half, about a year and a half ago. It was a nasty injury, and while healing from that, I was involved in another setback that hurt my shoulder. Therefore, when it comes to WoDs that involve quite a lot with shoulders, I'm always exceedingly careful. (Can one be overly cautious? maybe slightly?)

:!: 1x10 Wrist Pushups

:!: 2x10 Cast Wall Walks

:!: 2x5 HS (I've not been able to HS for a long time, so what I try to do is get into a handstand, then lower my legs as slowly and as controlled as I can. . . Works well, I think, and i can hold HS's for a while now...)

:!: 2x10 HSPUs (Mine are sort of Half HSPUs until I get a little more used to them)

:!: 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs (Stomach to the wall) 1 minute on, 1 minute off. OH LORD, I felt like a NOODLE afterwards....

Notes:

Well, the nice thing is, after year of being unable to handstand, I can do them now! Thats mighty helpful on a handstand day...:P

I'm trying to do everything with straight arms, but I notice that sometimes, my injured shoulder likes to prevent that, and my right arm bends a bit.

My physio says that as long as I'm careful I can continue to do these WoDs, and that I make sure I stretch completely before any workout.

If there is anyone else who is doing these WoDs after an injury, any advice on how to proceed (or how YOU dealt with said injury?) Thanks!

Cazamatazz

Let's get this Party started :)

-30 second Planche Lean (Still a bit difficult for me)

-30 seconds Tuck FL

- 4x 15 tuck planche

-30 second L sit.

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

:!: 3 HSPU (Once again, more like Half HSPUs, but, I'm getting there.)

2 Cast Wall Walks

:!: 5 HeSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

:!: 7 Box HeSPU

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Caz's Notes:

Everything seems to be coming together. My HeSPUs and HSPUs are getting progressively closer to where they should be, and my once-injured shoulder is bearing the WoDs much better than when I first began.

Jon Douglas

How's the l-sit coming along? Doing it on the floor or still on the bars?

Cazamatazz

A little Late, its been busy ^_^

On the Plus side, I can muscle up on bars now, which is a big step for me.

- 30 Sec Lsit/ straddle l (Not so great)/ support

- 20 sec flat tuck planche

- 20 sec flat tuck FL

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Muscle Ups! (I can do them now! YAY!)

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds Planche Leans

5x15 seconds German Hang (Didn't Really do, but attempted slowly.)

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Alright, so the big turning point here is that I can muscle up. Relatively decently. I'm figuring out the transition, and my lats are feeling the movement quite well....

There was still swearing.