Hello all, I'd like to consult you guys on weight vest substitutes. I live in Singapore and it's been a very frustrating search for a weighted vest supplier. Either none exists, or they charge exorbitant amounts (roughly USD$120 for 20lbs). And while there are lots of options online, once you add shipping, it becomes just too expensive.
I have tried using a backpack with heavy magazines, but I find that they slide around too much, and the fact that the weight is on just my back makes the balance strange for dips (I'm currently using it for dips and pushups because while I'm ok with FX pushups, I still am too weak to advance to ring pushups, so I thought I'll use weighted variations to increase strength first. Ditto for the dips). And I don't think the backpack solution will be great for other eventual work like HS and what-not.
I thought of a couple of ways around this, but at the end of the day, having a weight vest that can distribute the weight evenly between the front and back, and not slide around, or dangle and swing around seems the best.
So I wonder if any enterprising and creative folks out there has any ideas on what I can do short of getting some tough cloth, learning sewing and stitching and make my own.
Also, if anyone can help me get a weight vest for a decent price (looking for about 30lbs), I'll really be grateful. I think overseas shipping in general is the major killer so I'm not sure. Maybe someone has a private plane? ![]()
![]()
Thanks guys!