Elastic Bands

Started by Muddy, February 4, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,956 Views

Muddy

I want to do the prehab shoulder routine by Ido. He uses resistance bands. There are 2 types. One is like elastic bands the other is ropes with handles. Which are better?

Also these rope ones have resistance given in lbs. The set I looked at is 50lbs down to 8lbs, is that enough?

I live in the UK. Can you recommend me any?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... d_i=468294

Do those look ok?

Joshua Naterman

Lifeline fitness has better ones, but these will be ok.

What you really need is very long bungee cord. If you notice, the bands Ido is using are very long. This is important because it allows a good range of motion without enormous increases in resistance.

www.reefscuba.com has excellent bungee cord, a 10 foot length should work well for you. I recommend the 1/4" thickness for most prehab stuff.

Samuel Carr

Do you somehow fasten handles to the ends or just grip the cord?

Joshua Naterman

I just grip cord, but you can use old tubing handles for the bungee line. There's really no need, but you can make handles if you want.