This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120203

Started by Coach Sommer, February 3, 2012 · 10 Replies · 1,787 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of: MU, fwd roll to MU, XR L-sit, press shoulder stand, fwd roll to shoulder stand, BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Perform from 1-3 repetitions on each of the exercises in the ring strength series depending on how many repetitions your current strength level will allow you to perform correctly. Each of the exercises may have a different number of repetitions as necessary; e.g. 3 MU & 1 XR L-sit press shoulder stand etc.

2) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variation that you are capable of using for the Tick Tocks.

3) Perform the most difficult MU variation that you are capable of performing without kipping or swinging.

4) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Rings Strength 3 essay.

5) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

6) You should however rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Alex Solis

How much should you hold the statics of the levers and XR L-sit during the ring series? 3 seconds? :D

Coach Sommer
How much should you hold the statics of the levers and XR L-sit during the ring series? 3 seconds?

Yes.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alvaro

Today I was short of time but I managed to finish this:

3X:

3pull ups, 3 XR dips (negative and then the pushing part some help from my feet), shoulder stand 10 sec(legs inside the straps, easier up and slower down, much more controlled), XR L sit 10 sec (a bit weak yet)

2x(yep I had to cut here :? ):

15 sec FL (tuck)

15 sec XR HS (hands still rubbing on the matt for kicking up, once the feet are around the straps they are free from the ground) today stronger, more confident kicking to HS and not shaking at all (at least this 2 rounds)

15 sec german hang (now I feel I can hold 15 sec again, not like last two times, improving slowly)

ChocoGymnast

First WOD ever, but I've been incorporating the rings in my previous training. Since everyone else seems to use this as a training log (by the looks of it) I guess I might as well too.

3 rounds of:

3 Negative XR Muscle Ups (incredibly surprised I could do a negative XR dip, correct form and all. Months of weighted dip training really helped.), inverted hang, back lever tuck, pullout to inverted hang, front lever tuck

5x15 Front Lever Flat Tuck

5x15 Wall HS Hold

5x15 Skin da Cat

2x10 Wall Ext.

Hands are fried, here come the calluses. Flyboy.

Josh Schmitter

General WU(cut down alot)

FSP Pre-Req WU

Wrist Routine(did later after WOD)

WOD: 3 sets

[-4 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU + roll)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-5min Rest]

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-XR Plank Hold

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)-about an hour later.

Notes:

-Felt really off today. Not much focus and very tired. Kept the same as last workout(again), was very hard.

ChocoGymnast said:
First WOD ever, but I've been incorporating the rings in my previous training. Since everyone else seems to use this as a training log (by the looks of it) I guess I might as well too.

Welcome.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD

3 sets:

2 strict MU, roll to MU, 2 Lsit press to shoulder stand, forward roll to shouder stand, 2 360 pulls( adv tuck/1 legged FL and full BL)

rested 5 min bet sets

5 rds of 15 sec:

1 leg FL

floor freestanding HS hold

german hang

rested 60 sec bet rds

-felt really strong today- must be from all the carbs I've been eating lately(paleo just doesn't work for me!; I must be more evolved than others lol jk)

-good luck to everyone else!

Alex Solis

Are you allowed to do the German Hang using a bar? If so, what grip should you use? :D

Joshua Naterman
3runMX said:
Are you allowed to do the German Hang using a bar? If so, what grip should you use? :D

Yes, and starting off in a shoulder width chin up grip is preferable as this gives you the palm down GH.

Josh Schmitter
Bdk1786 said:
I know what you mean. I just couldn't get focused last night after shoveling what seemed to be about 10tons of snow from my driveway. Of course we are on the side of the street that the wind blows into too. Damn snow drifts.

Ha, nice. Luckily we haven't got much snow here yet. Last year pretty good though...and I hear about the drifts. Our driveway gets plowed in about shoulder high in a good snow. This I realized after shoveling out a good 3/4 of it, then have the plow drive by while I took a break inside, only to return with what looked like the whole blocks worth of snow dropped off for me :).

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-Req WU

Ido´s Basic Shoulder ROM and stabilization Routine

WOD (rest as rx´d):

3 rounds of BRS 1 - Started with seated MU to support (I held it for 10 sec), lowered down slowly (MU negative), Adv tuck BL and Tuck FL

5x15sec weighted L-hang

5x15sec Wall HS

5x15sec GH

finished with 2x8 Wall extensions