Question for paleo followers with high energy requirements

Started by Scott Fischer, February 2, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,682 Views

Scott Fischer

I'm curious, for those here with high energy requirements that follow a paleo type diet, do you any of you mind sharing how you meet these requirements?

In particular I'm curious to know the amounts of each of the macronutrients - I'm imagining that fat intake must get pretty high because it must be difficult to consume that many sweet potatoes, pieces of fruit etc.

Thanks!

Blairbob

PM Jeff the mod who owns the CF gym in Seattle.

Samuel Carr

I'm curious how others do it to. If you wouldnt mind forwarding his response to me, it'd be very appreciated

Razz

A day for me could look like this

8am

Meat and nut breakfast, some veggies

Then either 3 hour moderate activity with university or 1 hour of strength training on my own. Sometimes both.

around 10-11am

Meat, veggies, berries and possibly a piece of fruit

noon

strength training

1pm

omelet with a couple of onions

3-6pm

gymnastics with strength training

PWO shake

6.30 pm

500g sweet potato with plenty of butter

meat

Last meal of the day is...surprise..meat and veggies!

I may throw in some BCAA during trainings depending on training length..

Philip Chubb

My eating is very similar to Razz's. I eat a lot of meat and vegetables. PWO, I usually have whey and a banana. Plus some supplementation.

Scott Fischer

Thanks for your responses, I PM'd Jeff and I'll share his response so long as he's happy for me to.

So for Raz and PHILIP, do your responses tell me that you wouldn't really be sure of what you total amounts are on average?

Razz

No, just that total amounts for me are irrelevant to others.. but 200g carbs, 2-300g protein and whatever fat comes with meat, eggs and nuts. More or less.