Hey guys just wanted to know what you thought of my form for my ring dips and straddle BL. I am trying to do the dips as strictly as possible so feel free to tear me up.
BL
V6xVIPH6sjE
Dips
tK0VxzLJrPY
Started by Daniel Burnham, February 1, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,038 Views
Hey guys just wanted to know what you thought of my form for my ring dips and straddle BL. I am trying to do the dips as strictly as possible so feel free to tear me up.
BL
V6xVIPH6sjE
Dips
tK0VxzLJrPY
Try not to stick your head forward when doing your ring dips,that's a bad habit. Agree with bdk on the rest.
It's a bit early to work on straddle BL I think, but lowering down through it like you did is probably good to do 1-2x per week for a few reps.
Your biggest mistake is the weird faces you make. ![]()
RatioFitness said:Your biggest mistake is the weird faces you make.
Ha yea I tend to do that. Was hoping you wouldn't notice.
Bdk1786 said:Not too bad man. From what it looks like, you are squeezing the hell out of your lats with your arms in the BL. You should strive to separate your hands in BL so your arms aren't squeezing into your lats to act as a brake for the hold.
Yea I didn't have the strength to separate the arms at the time. I've been lowering through it about twice a week with slightly longer pauses each training session. Ill follow up with another video for critique when I can stay on it for longer than 6 seconds.
slizzardman said:Try not to stick your head forward when doing your ring dips,that's a bad habit. Agree with bdk on the rest.
Yea I have pretty bad posture which contributes to the neck forward lean. Trying to correct it but its hard when I spend most of my day in class then most of the night on my computer.
Where do you go to school? I am at GSU.
At any rate, neck isometrics are a big deal. This computer sucks, can't write more. I hate the ITC computers...
perhaps we can get together for 20-30 minutes and I can help you learn how to start correcting the posture. send me a PM if you are interested.