Year of Strength Deveopment

Started by Jacob Marks, January 31, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,090 Views

Jacob Marks

M1zwd7gPYaw

GB + Time +Effort+a Future Star=Excellence!

Blairbob

Quite nice.

Did you ever record say testing numbers of their FSP's or FBE's? I/we did, so it was pretty cool after I implemented it with my boys program in Sacramento.

Unfortunately, I only have numbers for 2 boys since I only had 3 competing guys (and one retired a few months after I came on and the season was over). I had a bunch of other pre-team or training for team guys and some of their numbers (but less data since they were in the gym less)

However, both boys increased A LOT though their bodies were pretty much opposite. One was very mobile, but not very strong while the other was pretty much the opposite. The boy that retired was right in between and it's too bad he didn't stick around (also because he had only been training for less than a year whereas weak/flexible little guy had only trained for a year but strong/inflexible had been training for 3-5 years).

Jacob Marks

A lot of how I evaluate my team boys depends on what I put in there Ring strength series ...how many MUs Dips Press' what shape of levers we use or if we crank or tick tock... I evaluate press' monthly to try to get each boy to a new goalbut the group ranges from a boy who can maybe do a half stalder press up to Josh who can do up to 10 pike press'.FSP are usually a side station and each boy knows what variation and how long to hold but I usually only test them if i see them doing variation that is too easy or too hard!