Here's a nice article from GeekDad about the learning process. I find this mirrors what we do here, and also what i've found to work for myself.
How to effectively learn
Started by Cole Dano, January 30, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,129 Views
I have experience with this type of learning as well. I'm mostly autodidact in Japanese, and listening to audio lessons using or including grammar points, words, structures or whatever, that I've actually not gone through/taught, and it's like getting an epiphany whenever I come across the in-depth look at it. By "Oh yeah, I remember having heard this!", but only hearing it, I actually find myself capable of resonating or deriving the meaning or logic behind it.
Very interesting, indeed. I guess a difference with gymnastics is you risk injury if moving forward too fast, too soon.
Hahaha, I kind of do this on accident because I have highly irregular study habits. I pretty much wait until I have started to forget things before studying again... always thought I was just lazy. ![]()
I like the interleaving concept, this is used in WIkiPreMed and Harvard is switching to this type of education in 2016 for their undergrad premed work.
This also happens by accident, somehow I always schedule classes that are highly interleaved.
Hmm so studying intermixed with video games and training may have actually been helpful
canthar said:Hmm so studying intermixed with video games and training may have actually been helpful
+5! ![]()
... and forum posting!
haha, I gotta work on posting more. Tendency to lurk more then contribute.