This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120130

Started by Coach Sommer, January 30, 2012 · 10 Replies · 1,683 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3x5 Weighted RLL

3x10 Weighted SLS

3x5 Weighted Arch-ups

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) This workout should be performed as a modified giant set. To this end perform the Weighted RLL then rest 60 sec, perform the Weighted SLS (alternate legs on each rep for a total of 5 reps on each leg) then rest 60 sec, finally perform the Weighted Arch-ups and then rest 5 minutes before beginning the next modified giant set.

2) Alternate legs on each repetition of SLS.

3) Add as much weight as possible (using dumbbells, vest or weight plates) to all of today’s exercises so that they are very challenging for the RX’d ten reps. Be meticulous in using a full ROM with a moderate tempo.

Kenneth Manning

weight lifting focus for todays wod. Don't have the equipment for arch ups or rll and i've tried some creative methods using my weight bench, etc, but never felt like I was getting as much out of the max effort leg strength days as I should. perhaps I'll invest in some new equipment soon, but in the meantime:

Straight leg DL 300x5, 4 sets

Front squat 170x5, 4 sets

HeS RLL 8 lbs x 5, 3 sets

Straddle L (bent) 15 sec x 4

Straddle L straight, low 10 sec x 3 sets

polmod

i really enjoyed the straddle l-sit... first time i do this exercise and i felt a great deal of stress on my thighs :)

good workout to all of you!

Paolo

Randeep Walia
polmod said:
i really enjoyed the straddle l-sit... first time i do this exercise and i felt a great deal of stress on my thighs :)

Paolo

That's great, but I think SLS refers to "Single Leg Squats"

Ah, wait- I just saw that straddle variations were included at the end. My bad.

Kyle Devlin

RLL: reverse leg lift, or Russian leg lift?

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Ido's Squat Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:Rests as Rx'd

3x5 Weighted RLL(15lbs)

3x10 SLS unweighted

3x5 Arch ups unweighted(2120)

4x15s Straddle L bent(60s sets)

Notes:

-First time I actually tried RLL not from a Headstand. 15lbs was pushing it a little bit. SLS about the same. Arch-ups felt hard, but good.

Josh Schmitter
HollowDevl said:
RLL: reverse leg lift, or Russian leg lift?

The first.

Alvaro

3X:

- 5 good mornings with 15 kg(not exactly the RLL but I hope close enough)

- 5 front squat with 18 kg dumbells (the rack was conquered by Hulk today :? , with some horrendous form squats btw)

- 5 weighted progresive arch ups with 15 kgs

4x15kgs straddle L seat, this was painfull! I have to work more my hip flexors.

Edward Smith
omegant said:
3X:

- 5 good mornings with 15 kg(not exactly the RLL but I hope close enough)

- 5 front squat with 18 kg dumbells (the rack was conquered by Hulk today :? , with some horrendous form squats btw)

- 5 weighted progresive arch ups with 15 kgs

4x15kgs straddle L seat, this was painfull! I have to work more my hip flexors.

I hope you mean 4x15s Straddle L, otherwise 15kg is MONSTROUS.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD done on Tuesday

3 rds with 5 min rest between:

5 weighted (my backpack minus books) wall HS press

10 weighted (my backpack with books) SLS

5 weighted (my backpack with books) archups

-performed on vacant playground; couldn't find good equipment/method to do the archups but used what i had; weather was great(weird January temperatures...)

-good luck to my fellow GBers

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU + 60 sec Wall HS (3x20sec)

Shoulder routine

WOD:Rests as Rx'd

3x5 weighted RLL (2,4 lbs)

3x5 barbell squat (110 lbs)

3x5 weighted Arch ups (with barbell; alltogether cca 30 lbs)

Finished with 60 sec (4x15sec) Straddle L (low bent)+ 55 sec Wall HS

notes: I feel better with every WOD..I finally organized my nutrition and I can tell the difference!