Help tucking & rotating

Started by Daniel Boakye, January 29, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,598 Views

Daniel Boakye

For whatever reason, in tucks (front and back) I genuinely struggle to get enough rotation, and additionally, I never seem to tuck.

Whether that's a factor, I'm not sure, but thought I'd add it in as extra information.

Height is not an issue, as the height of my vertical even on a solid surface is more than enough to make the full rotation, but it doesn't seem to help.

If anyone has any ideas of exercises/drills or anything that could help me, I'd really appreciate the advice guys.

Thanks

Blairbob

Analyze your set into the front or back tuck and how compressed your tuck is. My tuck was never very compressed in my front tuck and I preferred to piking backwards instead of tucking for compressions sake.

Daniel Boakye

Could you go into more detail as to what you mean by "compressing"?

Blairbob

Compression means in effect, as tight as tuck as possible. Knees to chest, heels to butt. Either grab the knees or hamstrings with arms.